When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A problem i cannot understand and solve !

Clint Eastwood

Hello all :) ,

i have a problem with a movement (an angelus 240 with sec at 9, serviced and like new, that i have put in a watch) that i cannot understand :

sometime the hour and minute hands stop to moove but the second hands don't stop to run and the movement continue to run also.

How is it possible ? i cannot understand how 2 hands stop and not the second one and the movement continue to run.

When movement was deliverd i put hands on it , wind it to be sure it work Ok but i notice that after some minutes the hands stop to moove, so i discover that during shipping the movement was damaged, the minute wheel was bend (but not the inside pin) so i change it to a new one and also change the hour wheel; all work perfectly for two weeks, i wear the watch all days, but yesterday i noticed that the hands stop again;

Maybe just not perfectly cleaned ? or a dust inside ?

i have dissasemble the watche again , to be sure that all screws are correctly screwed, and assemble it again, all work nice for the past 20 hours but i would like to know what was the problem as i would like to wear it with trust;

I have an other ang240 i will send to tourby to service it in january but if possible i would like to solve it myself as i don't want to fully dissasemble it again.

i hope one expert here can help me,

Thanks for all !!! :D

• 2 weeks later...