When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust, need help / info gents

youpmelone

Gents,

My mom's 60th birthday is coming up, combined with Cmas i got her an expensive designer bracelet.

Unfortunately she did like the design, but can not handle 925 sterling silver.

Got her a matching necklace for the bday... well that goes back to the shop as well

Now i need a new gift, either a used ss datejust, or a rep to be frankenized in the future.

If anyone could help me out with a used SS DJ, that would be great, esp when it would fit a rep President bracelet.

If not, where to get a DJ which is a good base to be frankenized (hence accepts gen bezel, gen dial as a start)

What I want in a rep:

• Around 30mm DJ
  • White dial, Roman or sticks
  • Fluted bezel
  • Good base for gen dials, and a gen fluted bezel.
  • President Bracelet

Plz if anyone has modding experience plz let me know
    all info highly appreciated.

What I am looking for in a gen / franken

• Good price
    • Steel
    • Europe
    • pref white dial.
    • pref without bracelet

plz help or my mom will by a Rado.

:yuk: (where is the puking icon when you need one)

Ladies DJ's in the 26MM size are offered in steel with either Oyster or Jubilee bracelets. The President bracelet is only offered in gold or platinum models to be correct.

The next size up is acually considered a Men's midsize model and is 31MM. These are only available in Jubilee and Oyster bracelets as Men's President bracelets are only available on the DayDate.

IMO, a gen gold fluted bezel is an unnecessary upgrade. The rep fluted bezels (and smooth for that matter) are more than adequate. Actually, the rep DJ's of both sizes are really nice base watches in terms of cases and bracelets. I have had a 36MM rep or three and the latest Jubilee and new style Oyster with the new style Rolesor clasp are great. The hands are great too. A gen dial is all you will need assuming you start with the best quality ETA watch, which you should be able to get for just over $200 or so.

I agree with Andy in that you should just get a standard 36MM Men's model and go from there. If you don't do a gen dial to start you should know that the romans on the full size watch are a bit anemic so you may want to start with sticks which are better.