When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

fake daytona on the bay?

db1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-LEOPARD-DAYTONA-...93%3A1|294%3A50

first of all the overusing of the "aftermarket" word in the description, pretty cheap story about a "customer" who could afford a gen daytona but didnt want to pay 50,000 so he made some "hack job".. lol

the dial doesnt look right, and also the "no papers" part. i dont really believe such an expensive piece can be sold without papers?

fake or gen?

you be the judge..

I'll say it's what he claims, don't forget it is built by the owner so there would be no Rolex papers to go with it.

Therefore 25G being about half the price of the original would be about right.

Bid with confidence...........if you like that type of thing. :yuk:

Ken

maybe no papers for the "actual" model customized- but at least the "basic" core papers, after all.. a freagin' 25g's piece need to come with at least the "original" model papers.

i asume its a franken (the seller keep mentioning the word "aftermarket" about almost anything, including the case, dial, bezel, etc etc.. and movement "automatic", looks shady to me ..)

maybe im wrong, but i dont believe this piece is worth that money, even for a franken, even if it has a gen daytona @ 9 movement, IMO aftermarket case, bezel, dial etc and gen movement making this piece no more then a franken worth no more then maybe maybe about $10,000 give or take(the price of a standard "proper" all-original daytona zenith)

maybe im wrong, maybe not.. thats what i see from the actual auction and shady "story line" and description.

db1 =]

Edited by db1

Sure is different, would suit a cross dressing colourful transvestite.

Will make him an offer later........