When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Steel...

swdivad

Hey everyone...

Just got my BBS in today... Beautiful watch for sure, but am wondering... Are your bezel and pushers/crown more black than the case?I have been looking and looking at mine and this is bugging me... immensely :(

Can someone confirm (Lani ;) ) that the gen is the same way? I have taken some crappy photos and a video that clearly shows them as a different shade, which I don't know if correct or not...

Here's the video:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jly9AdFYgUI

And here are some shots (sorry for the quality):

img0688resizeeg7.jpg

img0687resizeqp8.jpg

img0686resizecl7.jpg

img0685resizezc0.jpg

img0684resizekk9.jpg

img0683resizegj9.jpg

img0678resizesv2.jpg

Well... It doesn't seem like the lighting, as if you look at it from the side opposite to the crown, the curvature of the bezel is virtually the same as the curvature of the case, and the finish is the same satinized finish... there is a clear shade difference between the case and bezel.

Can anyone confirm that this is the same in the gen?

Well... It doesn't seem like the lighting, as if you look at it from the side opposite to the crown, the curvature of the bezel is virtually the same as the curvature of the case, and the finish is the same satinized finish... there is a clear shade difference between the case and bezel.

Can anyone confirm that this is the same in the gen?

Here's a link to the Gen:

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/images2...ng/s11137_c.JPG

I think your Rep has the proper finish, it looks great. That watch is next on my list to buy.

It is very much the "type" of lighting... weather direct sunlight or indirect light in the shade..

here is a pic of DBR's genuine.. exactly as yours is.. the pushers in indirect lighting are darker.. as if the roundness of the pushers enable the DLC to "absorb" the light and darken the brushed sides of the case will lighten to a shade of gray in the indirect light..

dbr1yk5.png

Look at the pusher @1:00 .. it is darker.. and the crown... where as the pusher @4 with more light on it is a lighter grey..

Now look what happens in direct sunlight.. it absorbs the light and darkens.. this is not a computer enhanced image..

csc0025wi9.jpg