When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mainspring issue on my skyland

laurencejk

I am assuming that you mean the Balance spring and not the main spring, the main spring would not be visible as the main spring is the one that powers you watch, the balance spring make the balence swing back and forth alowing the power of the main spring to move hands via the going train. If you have bent it you have probelbly damaged something.

A photo would be good

I am assuming that you mean the Balance spring and not the main spring, the main spring would not be visible as the main spring is the one that powers you watch, the balance spring make the balence swing back and forth alowing the power of the main spring to move hands via the going train. If you have bent it you have probelbly damaged something.

A photo would be good

Sorry, yes I mean the balance spring, can't upload a photo at the moment but I've read through other bits of the forum and seems replacing the hair spring is an issue that a watchsmith can fix with an hour or two's work. Thanks Anyway

I hope so he has my blackbird in for a relume at the moment, dont expect an answere in the next few days as he told me he would be away for a few days.

Nice, I was just wondering what kind of price for relume and servicing + regulating? Already sent an email, just hope he takes two weeks rather than the three weeks seeing as I'm in uk till early feb

Not sure on thew pricing he said he could not give a quote before he had the watch and it took a while to get to him as i posted it from kuwait. So when he gets back he should let me know, he said "it would not be hundreds of pounds" i take that to be less then

If it does need a new balance...you might be pooched. Sourcing the proper balance is a pain on the Asian movements. If you have a donor movement of the proper rate, you might be alright, but it will likely be very difficult to source a balance otherwise. Check this thread for a discussion on what happens if you get the wrong balance.

You can get a replacement A7750 movement for around $120 - $150...plus labour to swap...unless Michael has a part that can work...then the it would be the part plus the labour to service and fix.

If it does need a new balance...you might be pooched. Sourcing the proper balance is a pain on the Asian movements. If you have a donor movement of the proper rate, you might be alright, but it will likely be very difficult to source a balance otherwise. Check this thread for a discussion on what happens if you get the wrong balance.

You can get a replacement A7750 movement for around $120 - $150...plus labour to swap...unless Michael has a part that can work...then the it would be the part plus the labour to service and fix.

True, but when looking at that thread the problem was finding a balance spring for a 21.6 k beat valjoux whereas the one in the skylands the 28.8 k, would've thought it was alot easier than the 21.6 to source a balance for

True, but when looking at that thread the problem was finding a balance spring for a 21.6 k beat valjoux whereas the one in the skylands the 28.8 k, would've thought it was alot easier than the 21.6 to source a balance for

Toad is right, mate.

Get a replacement 28,800bph A7750 from the dealer you bought your skyland from. It'll save you & your potential watchsmith alot more time & heartache. ;)

Good luck. :)