When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

40mm PAM on a dude...

Newdoc

My guess is someone has asked this before, but I'm wondering opinions on a guy wearing a smaller PAM.

I am not into the large watches that are so popular right now. I think they look awesome, but I wonder about how long I would like one, and so I am hesitant to pay for a good rep of one.

Granted if I had unlimited cash I would spring for a well modded 500+ 44mm, but as it stands right now, that won't happen any time soon.

I have been considering a smaller version, though, thingking it would be a longer investment.

Any thoughts?

Unless a guy has a very, very small penis, I can't think of a single reason why anyone would feel uncomfortable wearing a 40mm Panerai. In fact, the more wrist shots I look at, the more I'm absolutely convinced that a significant number of Panerai owners ought to be wearing 40mm PAMs instead of 44mm+ models to avoid looking like they're sporting some kind of clown prop. Anyway, 40mm plus a 9mm CG would put a 40mm PAM on the upper end of average watch sizes even these days.

:1a: What Archie said, but with interest!! Hahaahha

I love big watches ( and before someone say's it, no it's not for Archies reason! lol ) but that is my personal choice, I like a big, chunky watch on my wrist! But there are times, maybe a real dressy do, where a slimmer, more refined option is better. Choices, the world is made of choices, make your own choice Newdoc, if you want to wear a 30mm watch what the hell does it have to do with anyone else?? If you like it, you wear it bud, it's your God given right too!

I've found that after wearing the larger watches, anything under 40mm is just too small. I'll wear an Omega Seamaster, but there's no way I'd wear a Rolex Submariner or GMT II. That said, neither would I wear a Breitling SFSO, or a Rolex Deep Sea, for the simple reason that I think the dials are too small compared to the case size. With all fairness to Panerai, they might be large watches, but the dial does fill the case, so there's no 'wasted space'... At the end of the day, it's a matter of what you're looking for in a watch, and what you're comfortable with :good: