When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions wanted: classic chronos......

hackR

I decided to solicit feedback/comments on these 3 classic chronos...As i wanted a dialog, i decided against a simple poll...

These three are on my "near-term short-list" of purchases...i may, in time (pun intended), buy them all...

As a comment, i like this style watch...i have a VC 1755 Jubile (needing service, but gorgeous, nonetheless) and a Lange 1 in the air...i find that these watches can be worn for formal, work and play...sporty, classy, elegant...textured and refined...

Please feel free to comment on these with preferences/etc and also to suggest any others that fit this "category"...

1. A.Lange & Sohne: Flyback Chronograph

2. Breguet: Classique Chronograph #884

3. Vacheron Constantin: Malte Chronographe

All these watches are advertised as "lemania" movement with working chronos...the Lange is 42mm and the Breguet and VC are 40mm...sapphire crstals front and back...and all cost less than $250usd...i am using Ruby's pix - but all these are available from most of the dealers...

ahhhh...classic chronos, NFL playoffs, Amstel...

R-

post-16947-1231031911_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231031929_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1231031959_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I fully agree :)

All are very nice and classy dress watches, but I would stay away from the Lange. The first thing a watch lover would ask for is seeing the back of the Lange....

Forget the caseback, there unfortunately aren't any Lange reps out there which look like a gen Lange even from the front. The rep Lange Chronos for example have the complications in the wrong places (at the 3 and 9 instead of 2 and 8, etc.), mostly because the complex custom movements A. Lange & S

Edited by Pylon

I love the classical bicompax of PP VC ecc..

But this reps are not good, for me.

As copy they are incorrect, but the great defect is the quality

The gens are very very beautiful, perfect dials, hig quality hands ecc...

A correct rep is not possible for $ 250,00. Is necessary a super rep, as ultimate Hublot.

But the reps - people prefer sport watches and a PP super rep is a phantom...

PS I think that a MBK PP Worldtime whit a good plating ( 20 mcn) is the best rep of the world, but dont exist :cc_hang: :cc_hang: :angry2::angry: