When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

seeking Explorer II experts!

timeman

I know there's so many info about the EXII but some of the experts like by-Tor claimed that forget about the white version.

but the white one looks much classier IMO, I really love this baby but there's only less info regarding to the white version around here.

Also, the dealer's photos like those listed at Angus's site shows that the white version is kinda accurate to me.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the white one when comparing to the black one?

Thankssss! :p

I agree that the white dial is a classy looking watch and I also prefer it to the black dial. From the reviews that I have read, the white dial has some obvious flaws. The main one being the color of the metal around the luminous hour markers. I would suggest that you read the reviews of this model written by By Tor which are very informative and address your question.

Jdavis hit it exactly- the gray metal surrounds on the luminous hour markers should be black. You could install a gen dial, but you'd need an earlier Explorer II case, because the gen dial won't fit in the recent cases.

Now the early Explorer II's from the 80's had the gray metal surrounds- you could always say it's old- but you'd need the lugholes to go with it- the modern cases don't have the lugholes....

Like jd says, search and read.