When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which one to choose

edgematic

Hi guys,

Normally I'm not a rollie guy, but at the moment I'm very interested in the Milgauss and the GMT II Ceramic.

Now, as I'm looking for 21j versions, I don't know which one to choose from those.

What are your opinions?

Milgauss or GMT II and why?

I think most people here would go for the GMT IIc. It is a fantastic looking design...but again the movement issues are tricky. I'm thinking of getting one with the el cheapo movement as I can get replacement movements fairly inexpensively (I think...not entirely confirmed it will fit).

I think the Milgauss is a more interesting watch though. The design is like a classic oyster case, but larger so it has some substance. The green sapphire is great. I have yet to see a rep, but I saw the gen and it is quite something.

Hi guys,

Normally I'm not a rollie guy, but at the moment I'm very interested in the Milgauss and the GMT II Ceramic.

Now, as I'm looking for 21j versions, I don't know which one to choose from those.

What are your opinions?

Milgauss or GMT II and why?

get an IHS eta IIc.

brilliant watch, good movement.

get an IHS eta IIc.

brilliant watch, good movement.

Thanks, maybe that is indeed a good solution instead of the 21j. I contacted Reg (narikaa) while he is on his trip, but I asked for the 21j, would he be able to find the IHS eta?

regards

I also think the Milgauss is a very interesting rolex, looks different from the common Sub, SD, GMT's, etc. Some people complained about the lack of date and incorrect font on the dial. Seems like minor issues. the gen looks and feels very nice (unfortunately, I don't own one, just tried at AD). About the GMT IIc , nothing to add, tons of words were writtrn in RWG and other boards.

If you can afford it, get them both..

The GMT IIc is probably more versatile for daily wear...as the green crystal and the lightening hand make it less appropriate for that extra level of formality. Both great.

As Youpmelone saide, the IHS ETA should be able to be sourced by any of the dealers...and that seems to be much more stable a movement than the Asian. The Zigmeister and others have shown though, that if requiring servicing...it can be a pain in the butt as the construction of the GMT mod is pretty shoddy.

What do you mean with this? Some things aren't that easy to understand as English is not my native language... :)

He means the popularity of the GMT IIc is high now, but does not think it will last as long as the Milgauss...leading you to not wear the GMT IIc after a short time, and having it sit in your drawer doing nothing...or "turned into a doorstop" to give it something to do. Another expression might be a "paper weight"...serving no purpose than sitting on your desk.

He means the popularity of the GMT IIc is high now, but does not think it will last as long as the Milgauss...leading you to not wear the GMT IIc after a short time, and having it sit in your drawer doing nothing...or "turned into a doorstop" to give it something to do. Another expression might be a "paper weight"...serving no purpose than sitting on your desk.

Hehe I get it, thanks. Well, I have a bit of time to choose, I think it's possible I'll get the MG

I read it as the GMT movement will break and be a door stop, paper weight, boat anchor.

That's true...you're probably right. DOOH!!

I think I missed that one...either way...it refers to the watch being an unworn hunk of metal. Misunderstanding with forum posts and emails? NAAAAAAAHHH!! :rolleyes: