When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V's treasure find from this trip to Greece...

V

I think this trip was the best for leather hunting in Athens for Christmas holidays...

I found many very interesting stuff.. some of them were recomemndations from fellow members customers of mine who wanted to see something different (like for example the Jeans leather hide)..

I won't say much and leave the photos talk.. Unfortunately it is very difficult to photograph big leather hides but I tried my best.. Details for the custom straps on the sales forum the next days...

In this photo with all of them together are from left to right...

1) Medium brown Marlboro strap.. the best hide of the series before sold out and almost impossible to find.

2) Dark tan leather hide.. extremely close to the vintage Panerai straps used in WW2.. even closer than the Simona Bruno

3+4) Different variation of a similar hide.. Nr 1 has more character on it and Nr 2 has a more Suede feeling

5) Dark violet semi-gloss hide.. Very nice and different colour than everything else out there..

6) Genuine leather treated to look like Jeans.. Not distressed like many others.. It is done like this from the factory with special treatment to the hide.

7) Dark blue textured hide.. Nothing very special but I needed a blue hide since some have asked me for one for their blue dial Pams.

DSC05026.jpg

DSC05056.jpg

DSC05049.jpg

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05036.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

DSC05054.jpg

DSC05018.jpg

DSC05024.jpg

Thanks guys for the nice words..

I do want to make a strap for myself from Nr 1 & 2 for starts but no spare time for me with all the custom orders they will come in :(

Rob when you will see the straps and if you like any, you know you will have a friendly price for all the help to the members of the forum throughout those years... :)

G - I wonder why V stays on my Recommended list :)

we gotta get you to learn how to take a photo graph though :) seriously, get some tshirts, hangers, create a light box, put lights on the outside

get a mini tripod - turn off your flash, learn the term White Balance - and this whole process would be MUCH easier for you..

I could really teach you in 5 minutes if we were in the same country

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really falling for the Dark tan leather hide, bro... :p

My friend.. My own dark tan hide strap is finished..

It get a great patina just like the vintage ones.. Here are some photos of the finished strap..

Lighter is the original.. then next to it is medium darkness with just a bit of aging and finally on the watch it is quite dark brown..

DSC05432.jpg

DSC05434.jpg

DSC05435.jpg

DSC05436.jpg

DSC05438.jpg

DSC05439.jpg

DSC05440.jpg

DSC05441.jpg