When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese 3714 Review

b16a2

Talk about dangling the carrot :) The 3714-01 is just absolutely stunning, one day I hope to have the genuine in my collection, until then I make the most of posts like yours TP :)

I personally have always preferred it on the black, for me the brown strap over does the gold accents on the dial and hands. It looks beautiful on both though!

• 5 years later...
With the genuine 3714-38 (and white dials sold after 2006), the numbers are slightly curved, the 4 being the most noticeable (highlighted in yellow). The number six is very slightly �flatter� on the genuine. (highlighted in yellow).

The replica 3714-38 replica uses the older styled numbers which is incorrect for this particular model. These curved numbers were introduced when the Laureus was released, and therefore this black dialled version should use the newer curved numbers.

Frontcopy.jpg

Is anyone aware of a Trusted Dealer offering a version with updated numbers?  I agree it's most noticeable on the (4).  I found a version where the (4) appears to exhibit the new shape, but it's from a dealer that isn't a TD:

http://www.idolreplicas.ru/gallery.html?id=214818&img_type=default

It should be pretty easy for any replica manufacturer to copy the design, since IWC has kindly made their graphics available to us in scalable vector format (it can be extracted from the user manual PDF file downloadable from IWC's website).

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I found this great combo with a HK Tan custom brown strap that I would wear much more considering the colour of my belts and shoes.

Having a great HK Tan on my 3717, I am now seriously considering to go for this combo and withdraw the offer!! rolleyes.gif

HKTantailoredstrap.jpg

Wear 'em well!

This combo with the HKTan strap - one of the most beautiful watches I've ever seen!

@BadSamaritan: I think this dealer is a very high risk! Look for a member sale of this watch. Or post a "want to buy".   

Edited by higginsd