When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello all. Too many watches - not enough me!

Lifting

Hello to all, and thank you for all the useful info contained in this incredible site. I am new to this game, but as an owner of several high end gen watches, not completely new to watches. I have now decided that the money I spent in past years was maybe well spent (especially my Rolex Sub), but now there are better ways of spending that money - or at least that is what my wife says - so to continue my love of watches I am interested in replicas. the watches are purely and entirely for my own enjoyment, and I have no desire in trying to impress others with them or pass them off as gen. However I do like them to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible and reliable, and sometimes this allows for variation from the original. So I found this site somehow, and was amazed at the info here, and the depth of knowledge and ability to source materials, so I am going to give it a go, and try and provide some input as I go.

Now I am faced with the predictable dilemma of so many fine watches out there, and where to start! I have a natural persuasion to all things Rolex, and my gen Sub is my favourite watch, but I do not feel the need to buy another sub. The Explorer 2 is a great watch and the reviews by By-Tor are excellent and are convincing me I need one sooner or later. I have always lusted after an Omega speedy as well, and there seem to be many great examples around, with the day/date being the best. Then I come to the Breitlings. Where to start? I am a professional pilot in my day job, so have always been drawn to Breitlings but am not a fan of their marketing. Pretty much all look good to me, however I am not into the uber-bling look, so I have ruled out Bentley, Navi and anything gold. Avengers and superoceans definitely are on the wish list. Then finally the IWC Pilot range - especially 3717 in white. I suspect I will get all eventually, the problem is just where to start! I have found a couple of dealers through this forum who seem to have good reviews - namely EuroTimez and Markwatch (timesshop) who seem to have everything I want, so it is decision time. I have read many reviews on here already which makes my decisions both easier and more difficult if that is possible!

So that is me. I look forward to interacting with you all more, and if any of you have any red hot tips that you think fit the bill, then let me know.

Any of the collectors here will probably be able to find what you want, even if they don't have it pictured on their sites.

Who to buy from is a personal experience thing. Every collector has had members here with bad experiences...but overall, they have good reputations which is why they are listed here. I have had great after purchase support from Peter (Watchstation)...and good experiences with Josh, Andrew, Angus and Silix as well...really...I haven't been burned yet. I've had flaky watches that needed sending back...but the dealers have all been supportive and in the end I got what I wanted.

Read my review of the 3717 Spitfire...I love it.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Any of the collectors here will probably be able to find what you want, even if they don't have it pictured on their sites.

Who to buy from is a personal experience thing. Every collector has had members here with bad experiences...but overall, they have good reputations which is why they are listed here. I have had great after purchase support from Peter (Watchstation)...and good experiences with Josh, Andrew, Angus and Silix as well...really...I haven't been burned yet. I've had flaky watches that needed sending back...but the dealers have all been supportive and in the end I got what I wanted.

Read my review of the 3717 Spitfire...I love it.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Thanks Toad. Yeah I read your review of the Spitfire and that almost had me reaching for my credit card there and then! Great watch and probably my favourite all time watch. Where did you get yours from? Great review by the way.