When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Taken into the Vintage Arena

Guest HaloArchive

Guest HaloArchive

So, I was browsing TZ when all of the sudden, I came up upon this post with lovely watch shown:

4972.jpg

4972-1.jpg

And, those two pictures of a Radiomir (Angelus?) with a CG and Submersible look, took my breath away. Is a rep possible? Where would I start?!

Thanks!,

H

That is the Egiziano Panerai made for the Egyptian Navy. It is is 60mm and sports an Angelus movement. Here is a reference article:

http://www.paneristi.com/archives/egiziano/index.html

Given the movement and the size I wouldn't hold my breath for a decent rep. If you check out the article you will see a good example of the movement finish selected for the contemporary 203. At least one of the vintage folks has made a "Little Egizano" which would at least be wearable.

Guest HaloArchive

So, im guessing that the 60mm and 75mm (L to L) is larger than any PAM case being replicated and, either:

1. You need to know how to use a lathe well

2. You need serious change

3. You need a custom dial

4. You need etc..

Makes this model very hard to replicate. Hmm :g: well, I wonder if anyone else on here or RWI is interested in contacting a dealer to make it happen.

H

Guest HaloArchive

I know the have the Large one and, they have a smaller one. I am hoping then that they replicate the large one. It would be something different to add to a collection. Even bigger than a 127 :o:D

• 2 weeks later...
if the case will be able to host the Angelus mvt we will need the help from R once again to make a custom dial for this one...

I will also buy one when the DSN will be ready, but i think i will mod it with the unitas; i don't want to put a angelus on a watch i will probably never wear; but maybe...

I search but don't find it, a wrist shot of this monster, it look very big; some of you maybe have this pic ?

i usualy wear a 6152 who is the good size for me because i have enough luck that it don't see too big on my wrist :D

But a 60mm ?

D.,

That's a great link, I don't remember seeing that pdf doc...and it is good that I know italian so it will be a nice read!

+1 to that. Very cool .. unfortunately for me I don't understand italian but am enjoying the pictures. Very very cool.