When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Squale 300m Tiger, short review with pics

chris5264

I recently traded this for a Stowa Prodiver ( a great dive watch but just too thick for me ). I think I got a pretty good trade as these typically go for about 1200 (usd) if you can find them. Case quality is up there with the best, great vintage lum and the movement (2892) is keeping perfect time,,,,and I mean perfect, not so much as gaining or losing a few seconds over three days. Case is 44 mm but thin so I like it (some people have commented it is too thin for a diver ). The only factor that made me want to pass on this was the bezel lock. On the one hand, it is as close as you can get to a ploprof in looks and function. And it works great, the bezel goes no where till you push it in, however, it is harder to move the bezel and I can't do it with one hand, I need to take the watch off, press it in and then move the bezel which I don't personally care for. Lugs have a great curved design and fits the wrist nicely, in fact, the curved lugs give you a few extra mm on straps. I still can't decide if I will keep it or pass it on, but thought I would share some pics and comments with the group.

of course my 11month old son caught me taking pics and had to find out what was going on. The pic makes his hands look giganic but they are normal (lol)

007eu7.jpg

004ke5.jpg

022qt4.jpg

019rx7.jpg

024gg6.jpg

018sj9.jpg

015jy9.jpg