When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Videoconferencing wristwatch unveiled at CES

RLudlowe

LG Touch Watch Phone

LG Electronics made a splash in Vegas when it unveiled what it claims is the world's first market-ready touch-screen watch phone. That's right, a phone you wear on your wrist.

"You want to think James Bond, 'Get Smart,' [censored] Tracy. It's all that and more," LG spokesman Martin Valdez said. "You'll never have to worry about losing your phone anymore.

The tiny, 3G-capable gadget has a 1.4-inch screen but packs a host of features such as Bluetooth, text messaging, still and video camera and a built-in speaker for playing music files. Video Watch

This is what it looks like -

I saw it demoed on tv over the weekend. It is essentially a mini iphone on a strap. Strikes me as just another 'look what I can do' gadget that I do not need. And if you are tired of having to listen to other peoples cell conversations in restaurants & on airplanes, just wait until people start having to shout at their wrist instead of into a handset next to their mouth. :angry:

I saw it demoed on tv over the weekend. It is essentially a mini iphone on a strap. Strikes me as just another 'look what I can do' gadget that I do not need. And if you are tired of having to listen to other peoples cell conversations in restaurants & on airplanes, just wait until people start having to shout at their wrist instead of into a handset next to their mouth. :angry:

I imagine it has bluetooth so you can use an earpiece if you want - if it doesn't the next update will

They showed these at the CTIA show a year ago...But I don't think that they had cameras, and they certainly weren't "market ready". I recall they weren't bad looking, with several nice strap options.