When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Fish Says Hi

ifeveri

Hi! :)

I'm an ultra-n00b...don't know much about watches or reps, but I know what I like! Plus I'm an ultra-nerd in that 'I have to learn everything about everything' kind of way. Judging by the amount of info here, I think I might fit right in!

For now I'm gonna try to lay low, keep the dumb questions to a minimum, and do some reading.

Thanks!

Dave

Every word :)

Thanks for the welcome guys...er...I think. Do you really shoot the fish? I gotta get me outta this barrel!

Dave

If other fish are like me, they come back to this forum once in a while to see if anyone posted in their thread. That being the case, I thought I'd update this post w. my progress re: learning and buying, from a total fish perspective.

Ok, so I've read By-Tor's review section on every watch that I'm even remotely interested in. If you want a general overview of reps, and want to learn about specific models at the same time, I believe this is the #1 resource on this board. When you get done reading 7 or 8 of his reviews, you'll know more than 99.99% of the population about differences in watches, things to look for, and even learn about models you didn't know you'd want until you saw them. No knock at all on other folks' reviews...I just haven't covered the whole site yet.

re: my first rep...I know nothing about watches at all (hell, I can barely tell time), but I know what I like, and I'm the kind of person who likes to learn about stuff. After a few days of surfing around here, I've already pulled the trigger on a couple of reps. I know it's very early (like, I should probably learn more first) but I am going into it with a 100% open mind. I understand that I'm not buying a gen, I understand that there may be vagaries in the process, the watch quality is unknown even though I'm trying to mitigate w/ known collectors and recommended models, etc. and I understand that in general, I may not have a perfect first buying experience...and that's ok.

What am I buying? I'm on the road this week, but when I return I'll be securing a "Noobmariner" from Eurotimez, and I'm in on the pre-buy for bklm's Sea Dweller.

NOTE: I am a total fish. Do NOT take the above info as a reliable recommendation as to a collector or a rep to buy.

I'll be back periodically to update...thanks guys!

Oh, one other thing.

I'm sure I'm just missing it, but I swear I did search, and I can't find how to become a contributing member. Even though I'm new, my short time here has saved me from almost definitely making a terrible mistake on my first rep purchase.

Thanks!