When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help identifying this 1900's pocket watch ...

wheaton26

hello, i have come across an ad in my local newspaper that has intrigued me. the listing is for a gunmetal swiss depose pocket watch from around 1910. it has been recently serviced and appraised at $2,500 and is for sale at $500. please let me know if this is something that i should look into further or simply pass on? here are the pictures that the seller just sent me ... sorry for the quality but this is all he had. any information would be appreciated.

PocketWatch1.jpg

PocketWatch2.jpg

PocketWatch3.jpg

PocketWatch4.jpg

the seller also sent me this link to a very similar pocket watch that is called a minute repeater.

http://www.bogoff.com/pocket/5968.html

i am not really sure what that means but he stated that his is not a minute repeater? i am not a pocket watch collector but as you know, it's always fun to find something antique. especially if it's watch related! thank you for your time and i look forward to hearing back from some of you soon. all the best.

Without a clear picture of the movement, it's impossible to say what it is...I really doubt it's worth anywhere near $500, let alone $2500...

No markings on the dial, all makers identified themselves on the dial face, it's certainly not a minute repeater and from your pictures I would say a low grade movement at best, it's not even all jewelled on all the pivots.

The case looks very worn and not in really good shape.

If you can identify the maker and serial number you can get an accurate price.

RG

i want to thank you for the words of wisdom. i have decided to pass on this pocket watch. actually, let me rephrase that ... i offered him $100 for it. he declined as he recently had it serviced for $400. i told him to hang on to it. he found it in his mothers house so it's probably worth more to him than to anyone else. thanks again!