When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK Customs

suitusir

Hi there

Ok if I am not supposed to talk about this I appologise in advance, but I have purchases a watch from Andrew. No problems with transaction he is really helpful but......my watch is in Coventry customs(UK). My question is will I see the watch, do I have to pay any extra or worse case if they come knocking do I deny knowledge of the package. This is the first time I have ever seen possible problems with customs so don't know here I stand.

like I say if this is not the done thing regarding topic then I apologize, but any feedback would be much appreciated.

regards

David

Hi there

Ok if I am not supposed to talk about this I appologise in advance, but I have purchases a watch from Andrew. No problems with transaction he is really helpful but......my watch is in Coventry customs(UK). My question is will I see the watch, do I have to pay any extra or worse case if they come knocking do I deny knowledge of the package. This is the first time I have ever seen possible problems with customs so don't know here I stand.

like I say if this is not the done thing regarding topic then I apologize, but any feedback would be much appreciated.

regards

David

I ordered from Andrew (Trusty) too and I had no problem, yes on the ems tracking order it will say your package is in customs etc but that is normal. I received my watches from him within 6 days of order was great service and I'm definitely gonna use him again!

I do not know what does happen if they actually take your goods but hopefully they wont.

Good Luck!

Hi Guys thanks for quick response. No the worrying thing it says "handed over to customs" so dont know if they mean processing or opening up and telling me where to go take a long jump.

Andrew is a sound guy no complaints with him just our damn customs dont they have like drugs or guns to go find instead damn!

Lol Mickey, I will just go get myself a brandy steady my nerves haha.

Its my first PAM so really looking forward to getting it, jus been looking at UK sites for a decent strap.

ANyways if I end up in court I am using this post as my defense so keep your diary to hand as u may be my star defense, lol.

Take it EZ guys, I am thinking this is gonna be my first time on the "midweek wrist check".

nite

David

Hi Guys thanks for quick response. No the worrying thing it says "handed over to customs" so dont know if they mean processing or opening up and telling me where to go take a long jump.

Typically, it should say next awaiting for customs charging and then it will be released, this will be on the tracker regardless what is the package and whether HM customs will do anything about it. Generally, a single watch should not attract any charges, they know these are fakes and of little value, I never heard of anybody being charged in UK. Exception would be only if you try to import a full suitcase of fake watches, that would be different story. And I don't think they will be opening your package, well you will know what trouble would that be when you receive it B)

• 4 months later...

Phone Parcelforce with your tracking details and they should be able to tell you owe some import duty on it. I would simply say that it is your watch sent away for repair and that the sender has now returned it to you following the repair. The perverse thing is that they will still charge you "duty" on the cost of the repair. It's always trousers down bend over time for us in the UK.