When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 1680 bezel

yachtmaster1027

on my MBK1680 the bezel is almost impossible to rotate and it refuses to loosen...anyone else have this problem? maybe some glue in the crystal-bezel junction? if i pop off the bezel, how do i fix this - clean it with water? isopropyl alcohol?

im hesitant to pop off the bezel too many times, worried about scratching the sides of the crystal

thoughts?

I think Tribal touched on the problem - the flat bezel washer/spring that sits below the bezel is bent too much, which is putting too much (upward) pressure on the bezel. You can verify this by pressing down on the bezel while trying to turn it. If the bezel turns while pressing it, then the washer simply needs to be flattened a bit. Remove the bezel, flatten the spring (just flatten a bit, because if you flatten it too much the bezel will turn too easily) & reinstall the bezel (this may take a few trial-&-error attempts to get it right).

If the bezel still will not turn, then something else may be bent or was cemented improperly. But, most likely, the bezel washer/spring is the problem.

I think Tribal touched on the problem - the flat bezel washer/spring that sits below the bezel is bent too much, which is putting too much (upward) pressure on the bezel. You can verify this by pressing down on the bezel while trying to turn it. If the bezel turns while pressing it, then the washer simply needs to be flattened a bit. Remove the bezel, flatten the spring (just flatten a bit, because if you flatten it too much the bezel will turn too easily) & reinstall the bezel (this may take a few trial-&-error attempts to get it right).

If the bezel still will not turn, then something else may be bent or was cemented improperly. But, most likely, the bezel washer/spring is the problem.

Yep, this is what I want to say ;)

Damn my English is so bad, I need to learn much more :)