When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DSSD

Surgeonpark

Hi I'm new to the forums. I was wondering where the best site (or person) would be to get the ROLEX DSSD with Swiss ETA movement? I looked at sinowatches.com (from the youtube videos) and they seem to have the watch with Swiss ETA for $250 (+$20 shipping and +$14 in WU fees). Anyone know if this site is good or if there are better deals out there that are more secure? I much appreciate your advice.

Hi Surgeonpark ,

welcome to our great community.

To be honest i don't know the answer to your question.

But one thing i know for shure is that you can find the info in this forum.

Just try the search button on the right hand top of the page.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I purchased mine from Mickey at Sinowatches. It was a DSSD v2 SWISS ETA. I took the watch to a local watch smith to open it and they said that it was a SWISS eta 2836 movement.

I prefer the v2 over the v3 because the bezel has a closer font even though it is engraved. The lume is blue on the hands and the markers a blue green color. Other than that the watch has been GREAT and keeps great time.

My transaction with Mickey was easy and very good communication.

I purchased mine from Mickey at Sinowatches. It was a DSSD v2 SWISS ETA. I took the watch to a local watch smith to open it and they said that it was a SWISS eta 2836 movement.

I prefer the v2 over the v3 because the bezel has a closer font even though it is engraved. The lume is blue on the hands and the markers a blue green color. Other than that the watch has been GREAT and keeps great time.

My transaction with Mickey was easy and very good communication.

Watchlover, thanks for your response! Any idea which version is on the website right now? ( http://www.sinowatches88.com/show_products.asp?productid=563 ). If I wanted the V3, what is another site I could look at? People keep referring to "angus" but I don't know what that site is.

Last question - How long will an asian ETA last compared to a swiss ETA? Time between maintenance and what not - I'm almost unsure of where to take my replica watch when I need to get it repaired. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104. Thanks so much for your time.

That was a version 2. The date window is beveled on that which is good. You'll have to do a search for all the differences. It comes from a different factory than the V3.

Most people recommend servicing watches every 5 years. Both movements should last many years, particularly with servicing.

And, Watchlover1, I strongly feel there are a lot of watch repair people that wouldn't immediately know the difference between the Swiss and Asian, especially when the Asian has the ETA stamp. I had a watch repairman tell me a movement was Swiss ETA that I knew for a fact it wasn't.

I have both asian ETA and swiss ETA and they both keep great time. As for the quality of the asian ETA movements they seem to be working well.

Like all the reps they should all be serviced if you want to get a long life out of the watch.

If you go to the dealer web site link under the links tab most of the dealers are able to get what you want. Josh from Perfect clones offers 3 types of the DSSD (asian, asian eta, swiss eta).

http://www.jpc8118.com/rolex-dweller-c-55_125.html

In my opinion I would go with the asian eta if you are not sure if you want to spens over $300. Some member like the swiss movement but at the end of the day do we really know if they are swiss movements.

My DSSD v2 is a great looking watch and has been great. If you really want the BLUE Lume then the V3 is what you want. For me I would rather have a more accurate bezel font then the lume. I can always send it out to The Zigmeister to relume later.

I am sure other members will comment on this.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your search.

Yes that is true. This person has services my GEN watch in the past and has been great. But yes the clones are so good it is hard to tell. I just received my new GMTII and opened it knowing it was a clone and compared to a real ETA and they do a DAMN good job on the clone. What was missing was another set of numbers.

That was a version 2. The date window is beveled on that which is good. You'll have to do a search for all the differences. It comes from a different factory than the V3.

Most people recommend servicing watches every 5 years. Both movements should last many years, particularly with servicing.

And, Watchlover1, I strongly feel there are a lot of watch repair people that wouldn't immediately know the difference between the Swiss and Asian, especially when the Asian has the ETA stamp. I had a watch repairman tell me a movement was Swiss ETA that I knew for a fact it wasn't.

I have both asian ETA and swiss ETA and they both keep great time. As for the quality of the asian ETA movements they seem to be working well.

Like all the reps they should all be serviced if you want to get a long life out of the watch.

If you go to the dealer web site link under the links tab most of the dealers are able to get what you want. Josh from Perfect clones offers 3 types of the DSSD (asian, asian eta, swiss eta).

http://www.jpc8118.com/rolex-dweller-c-55_125.html

In my opinion I would go with the asian eta if you are not sure if you want to spens over $300. Some member like the swiss movement but at the end of the day do we really know if they are swiss movements.

My DSSD v2 is a great looking watch and has been great. If you really want the BLUE Lume then the V3 is what you want. For me I would rather have a more accurate bezel font then the lume. I can always send it out to The Zigmeister to relume later.

I am sure other members will comment on this.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your search.

Hrm, you mentioned that the v2 had engraved bezel font - how is this different from the v3 or the gen? Thanks again

The Gen Bezel is ceramic and has a smooth feeling to the bezel. meaning you can not feel the fonts. On the V2 it is engraved with a thicker font closer to the GEN but you can feel the fonts. With the V3 it is a thinner font but not sure if it is smooth. Other members that have the V# can comment. Here is a picture of my actual watch. You can compare to the V3 on some of the dealer sites. You will also see that my watch does have the domed crystal

Hrm, you mentioned that the v2 had engraved bezel font - how is this different from the v3 or the gen? Thanks again

The Gen Bezel is ceramic and has a smooth feeling to the bezel. meaning you can not feel the fonts. On the V2 it is engraved with a thicker font closer to the GEN but you can feel the fonts. With the V3 it is a thinner font but not sure if it is smooth. Other members that have the V# can comment. Here is a picture of my actual watch. You can compare to the V3 on some of the dealer sites. You will also see that my watch does have the domed crystal

Thanks a lot for the photos and info, it makes more sense now.

The V3 also has a 2 piece case back with titanium insert as per the gen. From what I've read the V2 is a one piece and the center of the case back is simulated titanium.

Also, the lume on the v3 is better and closer to the actual blue of the gen. Both the hands and the numerals are matching lume whereas the v1 is green and the v2 is blue with green hands. The bezel is supposed to be better as far as the ceramic quality but the bezel fonts are a little thinner.

Seems as though there are differences in versions. I assume mine is a V2 but it does a 2 piece back.

The V3 also has a 2 piece case back with titanium insert as per the gen. From what I've read the V2 is a one piece and the center of the case back is simulated titanium.

Also, the lume on the v3 is better and closer to the actual blue of the gen. Both the hands and the numerals are matching lume whereas the v1 is green and the v2 is blue with green hands. The bezel is supposed to be better as far as the ceramic quality but the bezel fonts are a little thinner.