When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

breitling aerospace movement

db1

hi,

does anyone knows where can i get the ETA movement used on the breitling aerospace ? i know breitling orders these movement special with the lower digital

screen being larger, while on standard , both upper and lower digital screens are identical.

where can i get the "standard" movement? (ETA 988.352 ?)

second question: is there a rep of this watch at all? (for case porpuses)

db1

If a website start in a description by using the terms 'AAA Grade' be wary :)

The photo shown is a gen Aerospace Chronometer, which was the last edition of that styled case before the Avantage was released.

If they come in titanium its a scam, there are no titanium Aerospace reps.

My advice would be to put some money away each month for the genuine. They can be bought pretty cheaply if you opt for the Minute Repeater (which was the one before the Chronometer, and ths two before the Avantage). I used t own one and loved it, it is without a doubt the most comfortable watch I have ever owned.

thanks for the tip,

yeah im aware of scam sites (i had mentioned before the link its a link to a scam site :) )

just wanted to know if the photo is a gen or there's such an accurate rep of this one =]

yeah the gen is probably the best, and on the bay some of them are priced pretty low in compare to the automatic breitlings, i was thinking of a rep project since my uncle has a gen dial lying around, so i thought i would aquire the 'standard' eta digi-analog with only the lower digital windows being smaller then the modded breitling mvmt, then fit the dail on it and put it into a rep case.

but as much as i understood from you guys, i better not waste my time on a non possible project =] even though it probably could be cheaper then the el-primero 'tona i wanted to build till not to while ago (lack of $$)

so did you have the gen aerospace? thats cool, how was the watch? how did you enjoy it ? how its like to try on the crown to change features?

hope you all have a great weekend!

db1

yeah the gen is probably the best, and on the bay some of them are priced pretty low in compare to the automatic breitlings, i was thinking of a rep project since my uncle has a gen dial lying around, so i thought i would aquire the 'standard' eta digi-analog with only the lower digital windows being smaller then the modded breitling mvmt, then fit the dail on it and put it into a rep case.

so did you have the gen aerospace? thats cool, how was the watch? how did you enjoy it ? how its like to try on the crown to change features?

Do you know which version of the dial it is? If it is a newer version you could pick up a fairly old Aerospace and swap the newer dial into it.

It was indeed gen, and the watch was amazing, never came off of my wrist. I only sold it due to personal reasons.

The crown takes a bit of getting used to, but it's fascinating how it works. So many different functions operated by just turning and pulling the crown! If you are keen on the styling of the watch then I would fully recommend a purchase!

18022008697.jpg