When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does all Big Pilots come with plastic straps?

orionz

Hi. I'm considering buying a BP 5004, so i would like to know if all rep BPs have the plastic straps and if not, are there any dealers who have BPs with all leather straps?

Thanks for the answers ;)

Just got my BP 5004 from Angus (Puretime) and it came with a crappy plastic strap (great watch though!) - no animals are harmed in the making of rep straps.

So just go ahead and buy a BP and budget for a top quality strap from anyone of the strappies on here or on repgeek... i've gone with vanilla gorilla (gorilla straps : http://www.flickr.com/photos/gorilla-straps/

Aviator in ostrich leather is the baby to go for!

Edited by demandmushmush

Def get a replacement, the plastic one is crap! I got the Gorilla strap, and let me tell you, worth every penny, PERFECT! and on top of that, matches my coach wallet nicely!

img00062qg0.jpg

Side question? Do people shave they deployment buckle? It seems that mine is smaller than the strap so my strap has to bend to squeeze through.

Def get a replacement, the plastic one is crap! I got the Gorilla strap, and let me tell you, worth every penny, PERFECT! and on top of that, matches my coach wallet nicely!

img00062qg0.jpg

Side question? Do people shave they deployment buckle? It seems that mine is smaller than the strap so my strap has to bend to squeeze through.

Nice Vlad !! the deployment is spot on.. so it is your strap that is off a bit

@orionz .. I would get the 5002.. the 5004 has incorrect hands the 5002 is a better dial (both have sunken DW) .. never mind the non working PR.. be more concerned about the dial correctness.. :)

Thanks for advice. I will think about it. I wanted to get 5004 for the reason, that it has the gray dial which to my mind looks fabulous. I find the PR pretty nice feature. I now have to choose between correct hands and working PR.

I was considering getting one like this:

3112274946_3aab4e6931_o.jpg

Thanks for advice. I will think about it. I wanted to get 5004 for the reason, that it has the gray dial which to my mind looks fabulous. I find the PR pretty nice feature. I now have to choose between correct hands and working PR.

I was considering getting one like this:

3112274946_3aab4e6931_o.jpg

Just know that the dial of this V2 you're interested in, is NOT as accurate as the V1's. The PR indicator is way to central on the dial (look at pics of the V1). This is to acommodate the PR movement, but pretty off IMO.

All of them are plastic (underneath a thin veil of leather); so, some people are fooled. Definitely an after-market strap is needed.

RSM

I agree with you that the GREY dial is the more stunning dial.. but the PR dial being that far to left does throw it off... also, it seems that the date window (in most shots) is undersized...

For straps, check out tourbywatches dot com he has some pretty nice straps too especially for the pilot watches out there...

NOTE: however, the straps are 22/22 so you will need to source a buckle... they are NOT the 22/18 the originally come with the watch... but they are leather and 4-5mm thick...

also, BOB has some like-gen strap for $60 or so... and these MIGHT accept the deployment that comes with the watch...

The rivets on the rep strap are very good. All aftermarket straps have the cheapest rivets.

I got the Strapluxe gator for my 5002 and I will try to cut the rivets out of hte rep strap and install them on the gator strap. Have not yet and it remains to be seen if it works out B)

The rivets on the rep strap are very good. All aftermarket straps have the cheapest rivets.

I got the Strapluxe gator for my 5002 and I will try to cut the rivets out of hte rep strap and install them on the gator strap. Have not yet and it remains to be seen if it works out B)

Show us a pic because I may do that to mine if you are able to fit the rivets on the Strapluxe gator.