When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i just may be starting to understand you Submariner Freaks

fotoman

:) ok not freaks, but i have tried hard to understand my good friends on the board that obsess over the Sub's have 20 subs, vintages new ones, CG's its an ok watch, but, especially in the world of super reps, why go spend crazy money on a sub, there are tons of better "out of the box" watches out there - cheaper and arguably better.

now i'm not talking about the people who are looking for a fake rolex to impress the ladies at 2 for 1` drink night, i'm talking about the serious collectors on the board.

However, i have had a hard on for Ulysse Nardin for a few years, ever since i discovered "the freak" and, although having tried it on, i wouldn't actually want to wear it (i didn't say own, i said wear) i'm nuts for the brand.

I, in fact, tried on the Maxi Diver that we all know just came out, 4 days before it hit perfect clones - i tried on the Gen, i hated it, hoped they wouldn't rep it and concentrated on other models at the dealer.

i bought the watch, because it was the first UN super rep. And i'm in love. Real love this time, not like before, not like my fling with the 177h, my 1 night stand with a great white sub with clark crystal. this is long term, this is meaningful,

i can't help myself. I will be buying all kinds of various versions of these watches coming out, I'm totally all over the gold one when CNY is over - (CNY is good cause i don't have any $$ anyway :)

but, anyway, i know intellectually that my love is based in emotion in the brand. but i can't stop. I haven't had this long term obsessive compulsion since newbie-ness (ok well i have, but because it was a distraction to pain and not a real obsession)

so, for whatever i have thought of you submariner people in the past (its not all that bad, i'm just saying) i apologize :)

me too

so, for whatever i have thought of you submariner people in the past (its not all that bad, i'm just saying) i apologize smile.gif

Apology accepted :) haha... and accept mine for not really seeing the (RobbieG STOP READING RIGHT HERE) big deal with UN in the past

:) ok not freaks, but i have tried hard to understand my good friends on the board that obsess over the Sub's have 20 subs, vintages new ones, CG's its an ok watch, but, especially in the world of super reps, why go spend crazy money on a sub, there are tons of better "out of the box" watches out there - cheaper and arguably better.

now i'm not talking about the people who are looking for a fake rolex to impress the ladies at 2 for 1` drink night, i'm talking about the serious collectors on the board.

However, i have had a hard on for Ulysse Nardin for a few years, ever since i discovered "the freak" and, although having tried it on, i wouldn't actually want to wear it (i didn't say own, i said wear) i'm nuts for the brand.

I, in fact, tried on the Maxi Diver that we all know just came out, 4 days before it hit perfect clones - i tried on the Gen, i hated it, hoped they wouldn't rep it and concentrated on other models at the dealer.

i bought the watch, because it was the first UN super rep. And i'm in love. Real love this time, not like before, not like my fling with the 177h, my 1 night stand with a great white sub with clark crystal. this is long term, this is meaningful,

i can't help myself. I will be buying all kinds of various versions of these watches coming out, I'm totally all over the gold one when CNY is over - (CNY is good cause i don't have any $$ anyway :)

but, anyway, i know intellectually that my love is based in emotion in the brand. but i can't stop. I haven't had this long term obsessive compulsion since newbie-ness (ok well i have, but because it was a distraction to pain and not a real obsession)

so, for whatever i have thought of you submariner people in the past (its not all that bad, i'm just saying) i apologize :)

me too

Damn, exposed at last :lol:

Nothing to apologize for, dive watches aren't to everyone's taste, but, there's definitely a particular magic to them :)

I resent this remark. If you want to attack personal taste with regard to a philandering lifestyle, then direct it toward someone who may deserve it. Like Che`.

Che` wore a GMT. And was one hell of a ladies man. -_-