When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hours and hours spent here...and now I'm gonna get myself my first pam

kornblomst

I absolutely love these watches - that is; I have come to love them. Didn't like them at first but man have they turned into an obsession.

I started out having about 12 watches to choose from...then I got a little smarter on which ones were more correct/accurate excluding many of the watches with clear case back - although many people don't ask you to take off the watch to investigate it and the fact that many don't know Panerai in the area I'm from (they are mostly familiar with Omegas and Tags)

...I'm still pretty keen on the 177H ti though - love the sandwich dial - but I'm located in the EU and PT doesn't have it.

Then came the pam 29 - fantastic piece, but The Zigmeister's review on the 2836-2 movement and GMT hand problems, it scared me a bit

...and of course did I consider the pam88 and 89's but again, pulling my hair on details at CG's, Crowns, Crystals and movements I ended up with choosing...

...the pam005SWB Swiss Unitas 6497 258$ at tt88time. I'm thinking - with my noob eyes - that this watch is pretty close to the real deal out of the box - well at least closer than some of the others?

Am I wrong? I just a pam soon :)

...and a shout of "thank yous" to all of for all the knowledge that has been collected here.

/korn

JUST SAY NO

its a slippery slope, and before long you'll have half a dozen watches , umpteen straps, buckles and loads of broken bits just sitting around .

And then you"ll be thinking maybe I should just get a Gen, then I will be happy :huh:

Turn around

Mark my words

ST4

I agree... I was an omega & TAG guy when i got here and happy with the odd rep every 3-4 months... THEN i got my 005 the same one as you......

And now i own the following PAMS

201a

and am looking for

Then there are the Straps, my current ratio is 2 straps to one watch!!! and the buckles and the mods and not to forget the SUPERLUME which you dream about!!!

this apart from the 2 Breitlings, 2 Omegas, 2 Tags, 1 LV, 1 Mont Blanc

LOL!!!

Enjoy it mate and welcome to the PAM family! good choice on the 005 to o might add amazing watch!

I'm kind of in the same boat. When I first starting having an interest in watches I thought Pam were horrendous. Since I joined this site and seen some of the pieces of art that some of you guys have made with these watches I find myself wanting one. Those straps just get set off by a Pam unlike any watch I've seen.

I think I may go there as well here pretty soon.

I agree... I was an omega & TAG guy when i got here and happy with the odd rep every 3-4 months... THEN i got my 005 the same one as you......

And now i own the following PAMS

201a

and am looking for

Then there are the Straps, my current ratio is 2 straps to one watch!!! and the buckles and the mods and not to forget the SUPERLUME which you dream about!!!

this apart from the 2 Breitlings, 2 Omegas, 2 Tags, 1 LV, 1 Mont Blanc

LOL!!!

Enjoy it mate and welcome to the PAM family! good choice on the 005 to o might add amazing watch!

yikes a lot of watches...don't think the general in the house would appreciate me buying so many watches....unless I throw in a nice woman Tag! :)

I'm very very close to submitting an order :)

Still struggling my mind on some minor details...I REALLY like ti watches - IMO they can look sporty and elegant at the same time.

Might I ask you? - I'm planning on buying from PT ptswiss.com, but the picture of his pam005 logo looks like ti or brushed steel - I'm liking this more than the polished steel, but I didn't know that it came in a brushed/ti version....or are my eyes just playing tricks on me :huh:

..and then the straps - still haven't entered into that world yet...until now I've use bracelets.

thank

/korn

Edited by kornblomst

24/24mm is the width size of the strap from the Lug to the end. The PAM has a LUG width of 24mm and some straps will taper off to 22mm. So when ordering your straps you first need to know the Lug width - usually 24mm and what buckle size 24mm or 22mm. The PAM deployment clasp will only take a 24/22mm band.

Thanks

yikes a lot of watches...don't think the general in the house would appreciate me buying so many watches....unless I throw in a nice woman Tag! :)

I'm very very close to submitting an order :)

Still struggling my mind on some minor details...I REALLY like ti watches - IMO they can look sporty and elegant at the same time.

Might I ask you? - I'm planning on buying from PT ptswiss.com, but the picture of his pam005 logo looks like ti or brushed steel - I'm liking this more than the polished steel, but I didn't know that it came in a brushed/ti version....or are my eyes just playing tricks on me :huh:

..and then the straps - still haven't entered into that world yet...until now I've use bracelets. I see that Bob has nice straps, but what does 24/24mm mean? I'm only "blessed" with 6.8" wrist, so which size would you want for at pam?

thank

/korn

24/24mm is the width size of the strap from the Lug to the end. The PAM has a LUG width of 24mm and some straps will taper off to 22mm. So when ordering your straps you first need to know the Lug width - usually 24mm and what buckle size 24mm or 22mm. The PAM deployment clasp will only take a 24/22mm band.

Thanks

thanks...!