When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new Black trend

breitling&omega

It seems nowadays, every watch company is coming out with their verision of black pvd/dlc/ceramic watch. Just check the new releases of SIHH 2009 on JLC, GP, even IWC again.

We all love the Breitling BS, and the IWC Top Gun was hot and often sold out. But just how long will this trend last? More importantly, will these watches hold their value in the future compared to their stainless siblings?

BTW, to save me some time...........anyone here know if the TOP GUN reps are as good as the Breitling? Let me know if there is a v1 and v2 etc...Note that the TOP GUN has more then one version so I need to know which on is replicated.

thanks!

It seems nowadays, every watch company is coming out with their verision of black pvd/dlc/ceramic watch. Just check the new releases of SIHH 2009 on JLC, GP, even IWC again.

Historically speaking, people who use archaic expressions like "nowadays" are going to complain about progress in any form.

I've bought a good few black watches over the last 3-4 years. I'm a big fan of the Casio G-Shock Cockpit series, I got a ltd edition ION coated black version of a SS one I had, I love it and wear it often still! (even though I can't see them doesn't mean I shouldn't wear them!) I have a really nice Bench PVD coated black watch which is really stark and simple, the effect of it is fantastic! Have the J12 Cermic in black, and another couple of quartz watches that are just bangers I've collected over time. Oh and a real nice Fossill watch that I got in Niagra on the Lake that is polished PVD coated.

They have been around for a good while, I don't see them falling anytime soon. Ok they aren't going to stand the test of time that SS or Gold will do, but I think they will be here for quite a while longer than some people may think.

I think that it is a mode, the tecno mode. Ceramic, high tech materials, rubber, titanium ecc... are used for a look - modern - to the wristwatch, that is 100 years old

I dont think that exist the sense of shame associated with precious stones. In Montenapoleone - Milano there are women shoes whit diamonds (