When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Denver Bsl Laws Why Is The Terror Spreading?

Dani

Just sick to be the way they are in Denver US and other places like my own country.

Killing innocent puppys and dogs becasue the way they look,humm first thing that comes to my mind is ADOLF HITLER AND THE NAZI'S :hitler:

I now about 20 pitbulls and not one has been agressiv to dogs or humans i now 2 Golden retrivers 1 is agressiv against people :g:

Sad stuff nothing more to say :(

@Dani

I agree. It is a case of simply misunderstanding the breed and focusing on the relatively few bad owners in the world. I myself am in the middle of the adoption process of rescuing a pit from a no kill shelter as we speak. I was also uneducated, but while searching for a dog to adopt I began to notice an overabundance of pits and American Staffs. I did some research as a result and decided to rescue one. If only other people would take the time to learn about the breed instead of blindly damning these animals out of fear, the breed would not be in the position it is in today.

Killing innocent puppys and dogs becasue the way they look,humm first thing that comes to my mind is ADOLF HITLER AND THE NAZI'S :hitler:

Wow, that's the first thing? Straight to Fascist Germany? Seriously, it's nothing like the Nazis, and it's offensive to even compare the plight of millions of people to a handful of dead attack dogs.

You have just invoked Godwin's Law and therefore have lost the argument. :D

Yes, Breed Specific Legislation is wrong, but it's not Nazi Germany.

"Yes, Breed Specific Legislation is wrong, but it's not Nazi Germany."

you are of course correct, but you must concede that every flood starts with a single, seemingly insignificant drop of rain. A goverment that no longer serves the interest of the people is slowly eroding our freedoms on all fronts, and those who now say it was only breed specific pet legislation will be the same ones scratching their heads in 100 years when you have to live in fear, and present your papers at checkpoints to travel between states, and wonder, how did this come to pass. And the answer will ring clear, "slowly and a precious little bit at a time."

Bryan

Edited by tenacious_b

you are of course correct, but you must concede that every flood starts with a single, seemingly insignificant drop of rain. A goverment that no longer serves the interest of the people is slowly eroding our freedoms on all fronts, and those who now say it was only breed specific pet legislation will be the same ones scratching their heads in 100 years when you have to live in fear, and present your papers at checkpoints to travel between states, and wonder, how did this come to pass. And the answer will ring clear, "slowly and a precious little bit at a time."

Honestly, with the crap that's going on in the US, if you think BSL is your worst erosion of 'rights' or whatever, you need to turn off Fox news and watch other channels.

BSL is not a precursor to Blackshirts branding the different, not by a long shot. If you want a real Denver issue, try this:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9559707/detail.html

At worst BSL is a distraction. A diversion for you to get up in arms about while the real stuff goes down.

Honestly, with the crap that's going on in the US, if you think BSL is your worst erosion of 'rights' or whatever, you need to turn off Fox news and watch other channels.

BSL is not a precursor to Blackshirts branding the different, not by a long shot. If you want a real Denver issue, try this:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9559707/detail.html

At worst BSL is a distraction. A diversion for you to get up in arms about while the real stuff goes down.

I'd like to say I was surpised and horrified by this news, but this kind of incompetence, negligence, and disregard for citizens is quickly becoming the trademark of a government that see's us as nothing more than a source of tax revenue and cannon fodder for it's wars. That is the worst thing about being an American at this point in history. Because we live in what some still call a democracy, and are allowed to "vote," people abroad think that the things done by the U.S. Government and Military are done with the endorsement of the people. And when the rest of the world retaliates against America, it is most often the same citizens that disapprove of their government that fall victim to retribution. The saddest part of all is that the populous has been lulled into complacence with relative luxury, and fattened and made sick with everything from marketing poisonous non-food to our children, to overmedicating citizens for every conceivable malady, no matter how petty or insignificant. In short, our Rogue government is no longer in check, and because of it's insidiousness, corruption, and power it has gained over all of it's citizens and much of the world, I fear it will never be put back in check but through some catastrophic world war, which may very well be looming on the horizon.

Edited to add the following: I just realized that by posting this, I have probably been put on some kind of double whammy suspicious persons database where the government monitors the behavior and comings and goings of citizens that both dislike the government and collect replica watches. I pray that you all will remember me once the flame that fuels my posts is extinguished by the men in black.

Edited by tenacious_b

I'd like to say I was surpised and horrified by this news, but this kind of incompetence, negligence, and disregard for citizens is quickly becoming the trademark of a government that see's us as nothing more than a source of tax revenue and cannon fodder for it's wars. That is the worst thing about being an American at this point in history. Because we live in what some still call a democracy, and are allowed to "vote," people abroad think that the things done by the U.S. Government and Military are done with the endorsement of the people. And when the rest of the world retaliates against America, it is most often the same citizens that disapprove of their government that fall victim to retribution. The saddest part of all is that the populous has been lulled into complacence with relative luxury, and fattened and made sick with everything from marketing poisonous non-food to our children, to overmedicating citizens for every conceivable malady, no matter how petty or insignificant. In short, our Rogue government is no longer in check, and because of it's insidiousness, corruption, and power it has gained over all of it's citizens and much of the world, I fear it will never be put back in check but through some catastrophic world war, which may very well be looming on the horizon.

Edited to add the following: I just realized that by posting this, I have probably been put on some kind of double whammy suspicious persons database where the government monitors the behavior and comings and goings of citizens that both dislike the government and collect replica watches. I pray that you all will remember me once the flame that fuels my posts is extinguished by the men in black.

Do you really believe all of that crap? Once again, how does a thread about the killing of innocent puppies in Denver turn into a thread (tirade) about how the government (Bush) is out to get us. What's next here, threads about the advantages of Communism or Nazism? Give me a break. No World War III is not going to happen, and if it does, it will be started by a real "rogue government" like Iran or N. Korea who have, or will have nukes, and believe that they will get "virgins" or 'respect" by using their nukes, now that is a bunch of kooks.. Anyway, none of us will be around to do anything about it anyway. So enjoy life while you are still here! This forum is a Replica Watch Forum! Even though this is in "Off Topic", if you want to go on tirades and tantrums about the government, I'm sure that their are tons of forums where you can do that. That's keep it fun and interesting. These types of post just stir emotions and gets everyone stirred up and mad, and then the same person that would have answered your question about a watch strap for a PO, won't answer you because they are [censored] off at you for being a neo con or a ultra liberal.. This is the kind of stuff that happened on the "Old RWG". It made "Crossfire" look civil. You probably weren't around for some of that, but it got pretty ugly. I enjoy "Off Topic" and it should be open, but I don't understand why some want to expel their political views HERE. I long for the days of the World Cup, when the conversation was about officiating or Zidane.

I myself have a Staffordshire Bullterrier.

He absolutely is crazy in meeting new people. Very friendly and kissable. :p

When it comes to other male dogs, there IS problem.

Nothing weird about that IMO. Lot of bitches can't stand other bitches as well.

As long as you are aware of that problem, you can avoid those situations.

I myself have a Staffordshire Bullterrier.

He absolutely is crazy in meeting new people. Very friendly and kissable. :p

When it comes to other male dogs, there IS problem.

Nothing weird about that IMO. Lot of bitches can't stand other bitches as well.

I can't get Homeowner's Insurance with a lot of carriers because I have a German Shepherd.

I have to learn about your dogs now? Your solution to the dangers of your owning potentially dangerous dogs is that I get educated? Thanks for that contribution. :Jumpy:

I don't like dogs. They strike me as annoying, needy and very demanding. However, I don't think we should go round killing them either. If owners took responsability for their dogs, fightybreed or laplickers, it would never come to this. It's a human problem and requires a human solution dealing with humans.

Do you really believe all of that crap? Once again, how does a thread about the killing of innocent puppies in Denver turn into a thread (tirade) about how the government (Bush) is out to get us. What's next here, threads about the advantages of Communism or Nazism? Give me a break. No World War III is not going to happen, and if it does, it will be started by a real "rogue government" like Iran or N. Korea who have, or will have nukes, and believe that they will get "virgins" or 'respect" by using their nukes, now that is a bunch of kooks.. Anyway, none of us will be around to do anything about it anyway. So enjoy life while you are still here! This forum is a Replica Watch Forum! Even though this is in "Off Topic", if you want to go on tirades and tantrums about the government, I'm sure that their are tons of forums where you can do that. That's keep it fun and interesting. These types of post just stir emotions and gets everyone stirred up and mad, and then the same person that would have answered your question about a watch strap for a PO, won't answer you because they are [censored] off at you for being a neo con or a ultra liberal.. This is the kind of stuff that happened on the "Old RWG". It made "Crossfire" look civil. You probably weren't around for some of that, but it got pretty ugly. I enjoy "Off Topic" and it should be open, but I don't understand why some want to expel their political views HERE. I long for the days of the World Cup, when the conversation was about officiating or Zidane.

OK, I am sorry. I didn't mean to stir up trouble. I am not a neocon and I am not a liberal. I am simply awake. But you are right. This is where I come to unwind after work and the the wife and kids go to bed, and I was wrong to throw gasoline on a small political fire. I Enjoy hanging out here, and hope I have not soured anyone to talking with me. I'm a nice guy; hell, I even sent high flying clive a pannie thumbnail buckle and strap for free and on my nickel for shipping. I try to contribute where I can, I just don't know enough about watches to do so. I guess I just got too fired up. Again, I deeply and humbly apologize.

BSL laws are wrong IMO, it is all a misunderstanding of the breed and their pathological behaviour. BSL have been instated in Ontario, Canada and in the city of Winnipeg I believe. In Ontario, as far as I know, one cannot breed anymore, one can't bring any more into the province and they msut be muzzled at all times while outside. This was due to a long rash of deaths and injuries in Toronto by pit bulls.

In Winnipeg, I recall reading an article a few months ago that the last pit bull in the city died and they were officially exterminated from the city.

But, just for the record, none of these places actually killed any of the dogs, they're waiting for them to slowly fade out.

I only said it reminds me of Hitler's nazi regim thoughts about jews that they all are trash.Its the same way people that inforce such laws as BSL thinks they see all Pitbull types dogs as trash that shoud be killed.

My grandma was almost stabbed to death by a nazi soldier in ww2 so pleas dont trash my tread becasue i just said it had some simmilar stuff to the nazi propganda.

I now lots of pitbulls are dangerus but i woud bet all of them also have bad owners so why dont countrys/states fight this problem the corecct way,fight the people that are in the end of the leash insted of punishing a dog that only does what its trained to do.

I only said it reminds me of Hitler's nazi regim thoughts about jews that they all are trash.Its the same way people that inforce such laws as BSL thinks they see all Pitbull types dogs as trash that shoud be killed.

Still, hyperbole never wins arguments. Put it in perspective.

I was right there with you until you apologised. You took part in a discussion that can only have polarised views. Never apologise for disagreeing with someone. :D

Hey Pugwash,

I did not apologize for my views; I simply apologized for turning our happy fun time watch forum into a stage for me to air political grievances. Alas, that's what happens when two vodka tonic's are directly followed by two ales. I stand by my views.

Still, hyperbole never wins arguments. Put it in perspective.

perspective is about 80 innocent dogs/puppys killed by the police in Norway in 2005 becasue they looked like pitbulls or amstaffs.

And we have no rights when it comes to our dogs if another dog begin a fight its almost sure that mine even if he did not start it will be put down,that is just scary.

Its even worse in many places in the US where they say move out of the county or state or will kill your dogs -_-

I can see why many people dont like this dogs beacuse of so many bad owners,but people shoud think little longer and see that hurting the dogs dont help this,bad owners will just get a another dog or mix up some crazy dog and use that to do bad stuff.

Hey Pugwash,

I did not apologize for my views; I simply apologized for turning our happy fun time watch forum into a stage for me to air political grievances. Alas, that's what happens when two vodka tonic's are directly followed by two ales. I stand by my views.

No apology necessary. If you or anyone wants to talk about the government or different views on issues, then just start a new thread, that was my point. Lately, some have gotten awfully deep in their threads, and they go back and forth with no real solutions or agreements, such as the "Global Warming" thread, but hey, that's what Off Topic is here for, but when people start talking about controversial issues, it usually, eventually pisses everyone off. I just don't want to see the forum turn into a place to vent about Abortion, Immigration, etc., and turn into the big nasty like the "Old RWG" did.

No apology necessary. If you or anyone wants to talk about the government or different views on issues, then just start a new thread, that was my point. Lately, some have gotten awfully deep in their threads, and they go back and forth with no real solutions or agreements, such as the "Global Warming" thread, but hey, that's what Off Topic is here for, but when people start talking about controversial issues, it usually, eventually pisses everyone off. I just don't want to see the forum turn into a place to vent about Abortion, Immigration, etc., and turn into the big nasty like the "Old RWG" did.

I agree, and cheerfully raise my glass. You know, I think the real reason that I got all crazy in my post is that I am in Sales, it's the end of the month, and I am racing to hit quota, so I think I might be man-struating.

perspective is about 80 innocent dogs/puppys killed by the police in Norway in 2005 becasue they looked like pitbulls or amstaffs.

A friend of mine with his amstaff/staffordshire, me and my staffordshire bullterrier went to Norway to attend at a staffordshire bullterrier show. My friend got arrested for having a "murder dog".

Stupid us, that didn't check if his dog was allowed in Norway.

(edited due to typo)

Edited by fitmic