When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bonds intended Rolex

highoeyazmuhudee

So, you want to know the fate after "the Rolex disintegrated against the man's jaw"? After that, there is no mention of it.

I'd guess given he didn't have it at the end of the novel, he must have discarded it after... Oh well, it was just a curiousity :)

I think the reader can make up his/her own mind on which Oyster Perpetual Bond is actually wearing. OP to me (in reference to Bond) will always be the 6538.

Ahh, the Broccoli Classic :) An understandable choice :)

You Only Live Twice and The Man With the Golden Gun are the last two Fleming novels. I don't have them, nor have read them (yet). Does Fleming make any other Rolex references in those?

ps. TeeJay, I rank OHMSS in my top 5 Bond movies. Thunderball is number 1.

I have to admit, I can't remember any references in them, but, it was well over a decade since I read them... I must refresh my memory :)

I have to admit, I rather liked Thunderball, but not as much some of the others. I think it was more a case of I liked 'bits' of the movie (Claudine Auger :wub::p ) but not the overall movie :lol: