When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP 5004

nejad

hello, i just got BP5004 from Andrew. hands are incorect but hi will snd me a new pair after new year; over all watch is good. for 200$ it is a lot of warch. i just orderd a new strap, got saphire out to do a good duble AR and as soon as i get hands i will send them and dial for lume job. date is almpst perfect an with bit ob fidling it is cloce to gen. PR is a problem but that tam rotor if a pain in the a..! i try for houers to do all things that i know, but doomed thig spund like tractor. it looks like movement that can be easily replaced but question is with what? did anyone swaped movement in BP? my only alternative now is a amputation of the rotor. if PR is nonfunctional it might be an aupomatic foux too, but it is going to bi silent!!! :bangin:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ha its funny rip on ! Problem is that am completely addicted to this forum now. I got in to rep world just a month a go. So am flaming amateur watch maker now; braking more watches then fixing and mod-ing! I am from Quebec and I have franco Blackberry, so every time I have to write a reply I use mail and then paste. This BB is bit complicating for me and things like this come out... But I can't help my self; I just want to play and see what is going on in my new hobby. It is strange but watches are eating all my free time now, spring is coming and I have to finish my project motorcycle; and simply I can't go to garage and let all this new and uncharted territory on the bench. Panerai is my favorite "platform" for now but I have special long term relationship wit gen 5002 BP. So this project is really growing on me too. Main difference is that Pam have more aftermarket parts and options. I would be really happy if I could change this movement with something that is not so annoying...

Lord of the beasts :Jumpy:

Hey,

what you can try to do is get the rotor of the movement and try to oil the ball bearings with some sticky fat. I used bergeon 2855-50 Kt22. This stuff is not specially made for it, but it helped me on some 'Tarzan' rotors of the 7 Days.

some experts might say that oiling the rotor is not good. But it works. Don't put to much on it, since oil etc. can get into the movement (with high temperatures) and you don't want that to happen.

good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Kt22 works! I went and got it next day and than I tried this strange mod on some old auto movement. After that I moved to BP. First I applied small amount I ball baring, but nothing happened. Then I started adding bit-by-bit more with Bergeon black applicator (smallest one) until noise despaired.

It helps in the terms of noise; a lot, it is almost silent but this is what I find as collateral. Rotor is moving 4 times less then normal. Usually with a finger spin I had 4 revolutions in the rotor. After putting Kt22 with same amount of finger force it had a just one revolution. I measured a power reserve on this watch when it arrived from Andrew, completely winded up it had PR of aprox 36h. After Kp22 I didn

This method has been done a lot to silence the rotor. Just use the search button on this board.

make sure you don't put to much grease on and wipe excess grease of. And make sure no dust or small hairs stick to the rotor or drop in the movement. You could use a bergeon blower for that. no. 4657.

Cheers,

J.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. When did you say that to you? I have asked him 3 days ago about the updated hands and he said that it will take another 1-2 month...

Hello, just to update if anyone is interested; according to Andrew new and correct hands are out, and he sent me a new set. As soon as I get them I will post some pictures.

i had a real-time back and forth e-mail conversation with one of our dealers about a week ago. this dealer stated that he has full control over any changes or upgrades that are made to this model. he said there is no plans of making new hands for the 5004 big pilot because it is selling like hot cakes (exact words). i told him that there was talk about new hands on the forum. he laughed saying it's simply not true. i guess we'll see what new member nejad gets in the mail. standing by.

So far I had good communication with Andrew and hi was more then helpful up to now; I had big problem with B&R and he fix that with no questions asked. I also had one more watch with issues from him and hi was sent me parts ASAP. I have confidence that am going to get something in the mail, but the question is what?

On Jan 12, 2009, at 8:20 PM, trustytime@gmail.com wrote:

The hands update will be after the chinese new year holidays. Your package has been packed and already passed to forwarder. Apologies

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 07:05:34 +0000

Subject: Re: [NEW ORDER] Order Confirmation No: 14469

The pam127 I sell is from the best factory but I don't do mods on the watch. :) once the hands of the 5004 correct version is available, I will send them to you. :)

February 8, 2009 2:39:08 AM EST (CA)

AIRMAIL shipped for the parts: RR267183527CN

Thanks

So that is my correspondence with him! Lets see in couple of days!

Luka

Hey

When i track your tracking number, canada post says that the package was delivered on 2009/01/26 in Montreal.

So no hands?

So far I had good communication with Andrew and hi was more then helpful up to now; I had big problem with B&R and he fix that with no questions asked. I also had one more watch with issues from him and hi was sent me parts ASAP. I have confidence that am going to get something in the mail, but the question is what?

On Jan 12, 2009, at 8:20 PM, trustytime@gmail.com wrote:

The hands update will be after the chinese new year holidays. Your package has been packed and already passed to forwarder. Apologies

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 07:05:34 +0000

Subject: Re: [NEW ORDER] Order Confirmation No: 14469

The pam127 I sell is from the best factory but I don't do mods on the watch. :) once the hands of the 5004 correct version is available, I will send them to you. :)

February 8, 2009 2:39:08 AM EST (CA)

AIRMAIL shipped for the parts: RR267183527CN

Thanks

So that is my correspondence with him! Lets see in couple of days!

Luka

Hey

When i track your tracking number, canada post says that the package was delivered on 2009/01/26 in Montreal.

So no hands?

also, it might not be the best idea to give out tracking #'s. just a little too much information for everyone as we can see it was delivered yesterday with this sgnature ...

signaturedo.jpg

Asked andrew today. He said version with new hands will be released in one month.

lol, i did the same and got this reply ...

The updated IWC BP 5004 will be released soon. My site will have the updates when its available. :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

warmest regards

ANDREW

Yup I wasn't thinking; but I really feel like home :) on rwg! That is my office address and this is not my signature but my co-worker. I sent her a tex msg and My envelope is there, siting with a bunch of magazines!!! Am almost tempted to go back now and see! This was odd thing.

HEy but you see that the date of delivery is january and not february ????

Yup I wasn't thinking; but I really feel like home :) on rwg! That is my office address and this is not my signature but my co-worker. I sent her a tex msg and My envelope is there, siting with a bunch of magazines!!! Am almost tempted to go back now and see! This was odd thing.