When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tube Insertion Tool For The 24-7030 Tube (sub,daytona)

Here's a tool that I bought a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/swiss-AF-crown-opener-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't tell you if it works, cause every tube I've taken out is a rep tube and none of them have had a groove in them. The tool does work getting them out, but I'm kinda tearing up the tool. Last nite I used a rat tail file to get one of the rep tubes back in. It worked OK and I'm not as concerned about tearing it up.

Ofrei.com and julesborel.com also have insertion tools and they both have the generic tubes, which is what I'm going to try next and then pick up a rolex crown on ebay, since ofrei and borel sell plain unmarked crowns to avoid getting in trouble w/ Rolex!

Here's a tool that I bought a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/swiss-AF-crown-opener-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't tell you if it works, cause every tube I've taken out is a rep tube and none of them have had a groove in them. The tool does work getting them out, but I'm kinda tearing up the tool. Last nite I used a rat tail file to get one of the rep tubes back in. It worked OK and I'm not as concerned about tearing it up.

Ofrei.com and julesborel.com also have insertion tools and they both have the generic tubes, which is what I'm going to try next and then pick up a rolex crown on ebay, since ofrei and borel sell plain unmarked crowns to avoid getting in trouble w/ Rolex!

This item won't fit the original tube

• 4 weeks later...