When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK collectors: Timpson will pressure test your rep!

jleef

A useful bit of info I learned today: Timpson (a national chain of locksmith/shoe repairers/watch repairers here in England) offer a pressure testing service in their stores, up to 200m. Good news for those who'd rather not traipse around jeweller after jeweller being frowned upon by snobbish shopkeepers for our unspeakable hobby, haha.

I took my newly acquired SMP along today and for the princely sum of

A useful bit of info I learned today: Timpson (a national chain of locksmith/shoe repairers/watch repairers here in England) offer a pressure testing service in their stores, up to 200m. Good news for those who'd rather not traipse around jeweller after jeweller being frowned upon by snobbish shopkeepers for our unspeakable hobby, haha.

I took my newly acquired SMP along today and for the princely sum of

Great news I live a mile from one..

My friend has a gen Breitling, one of the older ones with digital display built in, he got fed up with sending it off via our ad for it's battery change and costing himself a fortune.

He took it in to Timpson they changed the battery and pressure tested it no problem. Funny thing is when he sent it off to be serviced through our local ad it came back with scratch marks from being opened, when Timpsons did it no such problem.

Great news!! Does anyone know if they will also service reps? I have a Datejust rep which I imagine needs servicing as it gains about 2 mins per day & only has about 2 hours reserve.

Doubt it, this guy serviced mine http://www.michaelallenwatchmaker.co.uk/

Based in BHM not far from me so I called him and dropped it off myself.

Will deal via post I believe.

I had V3 DSSD fully serviced, he had to change one of the gears as it had 2 teeth missing,

(Swiss eta) cost me -

Cool, he's on the wrong side of the world for me but he sounds like a nice guy so if he's good at what he does and is reasonably well priced folks should know about it. Good watchsmiths who will do rep work are so thin on the ground there must be a heap of people siying back and waiting for some one else to go first. It only takes a cpl of good reports and work should flow for the guy and the forums have another watchmaker. Not a bad thing since poor old The Zigmeister is usualy backed up to the eyeballs with jobs. Remember, this guy does lume as well for those needing it.

Col.