When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 5218-201A Pre-Vendome pictorial

lazarini

Hi all,

i managed to pick this pam from a fellow member PAM1A, great communication with T. as always i can highly recommend him!

The watch arrived and i was looking around in my box for a strap to put on it but nothing quite fit the bill. I wanted something that would reflect this watch for what it is... something looking a bit older, something looong ;)

In the meantime i was selling a GSD titanium buckle on the parts section also asking for a trade with a strap + cash from my side... i was plesantly suprized when member farquar approached me offering to build me a strap from scratch.

A few emails here and there and the work begun i chosen the hide, the thickness, the stitching color and stile and course the dimensions.

I opted for something longer as mentioned so asked for 145/90 distressed tan hide and brown stitching... also i wanted the strap to be reasonably thick but not a monster so we agreed on a 3-3.5mm thickness.

It arrived yesterday and i was more then happy leather is really nice and lotsa touch on it... hide is soft and flexible and has great vintage smell... i mounted it on the 201A here is how it looks :)

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

IMG_7715.jpg

IMG_7723.jpg

I have also received a FGD 201A dial a few weeks back that ill be putting in later...

fgd201a.jpg

For now i would like to thank PAM1A and farquar for a nice 201A and a great looking strap...

ALL COMMENTS and suggestions on the further improvements are welcome as always...

Hope u enjoyed the pics, kind regards LAZ :)

Looks sweet Laz, but what do I know :p

HI there m8, well u shod know since u made the strap ;)

nope i think im getting older and i missed the dimensions with the naked eye the strap is 24.1 cca and fits like a dream between the lugs ... its spot on cheers :)

PS: I'm Glad the buckle arrived im sure ill be seeing it soon in use on one of ure creations ;)

regards Laz

always good to see YOU back on a pam... and really nice with that strap. Hope you will instal the dial asap.

THX lupo,

i will install the dial asap i make a decision if i wanna lume it before or not... some members installed it out a box some yet again did not and relume it... im finding it hard to decide ...

@ all as said comments and advice is always welcome...

LAZ