When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Euromariner Prototype TT Pics

ifly65

This is a modded prototype Euromariner TT by Chris at Eurotimez. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Ill let you decide.

MBK case

MBK bezel

Noobfactory dial

Noobfactory strap

Noobfactory hands

Watchmaker Pearl

Clark Crystal

Larger Tube

Gen like SELs

Gen Swiss Eta 2836-2

Noobfactory Dial, DW and Hands, (NOTE the crazy coronet reflection on the BLUE dial off of the Clark):

IMG_1143.jpg

Fatter Tube:

IMG_1148.jpg

Getting ready for my own special recipe oil treatment:

IMG_1139.jpg

Very nice Watchmaker Pearl with great lume and nice character markings:

IMG_1147.jpg

Noobfactory Strap:

IMG_1132.jpg

Clark Crystal:

IMG_1142.jpg

Nice 14k plating:

IMG_1149.jpg

14k wrapped throughout entire mid links and SELs:

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

'Sharp teeth':

IMG_1153.jpg

Awesome Blue Noobfactory Dial:

IMG_1129.jpg

Gen Swiss ETA 2836-2:

IMG_1156.jpg

Polished large silver gear, brushed smaller silver gear:

IMG_1159.jpg

Many holes in the pair of gold gears:

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

Cons:

I didnt take lume pics because there isnt much on the dial markers or hands.

The bezel had some glue residue around the pearl and bezel edge which was easy to remove. At first glance, it looked as if the bezel was dented above the pearl, but it was glue residue. A non-issue.

I did order the TT with the "RRR" on the rehaut. I have contacted Chris about this and Im sure he will take care of it.

A bit costly...but I knew that going in!

Pros:

Im impressed with the dial quality.

The bracelet has a very nice clasp, endlinks and overall feel.

The crown has a nice crisp action with solid, clean threading.

The Clark Crystal seems as if it has AR. Very clear with minimal glare.

The Noobfactory dial has a nice deep blue hue with crisp fonts.

My favorite item on this TT is the Watchmaker Pearl. It has nice character and lume.

Thanks Chris...Great Job !

That's a great TT Sub. Congrats... looks amazing!

Personally, I prefer the Noobfactory version over MBK any day... but MBK has some small advantages which you have nicely added to this watch.

THIS article compares the "Noob" version to the genuine. As you can see the dial is very close.

Definitely one of the tough calls for me to not keep my review watch... on the other hand I love the TT Sub... but on the other hand I find it a bit "too much". :)

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

That's a great TT Sub. Congrats... looks amazing!

Personally, I prefer the Noobfactory version over MBK any day... but MBK has some small advantages which you have nicely added to this watch.

THIS article compares the "Noob" version to the genuine. As you can see the dial is very close.

Definitely one of the tough calls for me to not keep my review watch... on the other hand I love the TT Sub... but on the other hand I find it a bit "too much". :)

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Thanks By-Tor I appreciate the support on this purchase.

This is mere romper-room reviewing compared to your great reviews and posts! I agree, the noob dial is very nice. Your review was spot on. I would keep your review watch. I find myself admiring the TT from a 'noobs' perspective, but I tend to wear my vintage 1680 and 1665 rollies instead.

Phoband would laugh since he put up with my emails...three months ago I only liked TT's/ hated Pams. Now I love vintage rollies and I want my first Pam on a sweet strap so bad I cant sleep or eat :D

(RUSH RULES...Ive seen them many times in the 80's!)

Me playing Genesis, YES and Zappa on youtube:

(RUSH RULES...Ive seen them many times in the 80's!)

Me playing Genesis, YES and Zappa on youtube:

Thanks... enjoyed it. Great playing man!

My favorite Genesis albums:

Foxtrot

Selling England by the Pound

Seconds Out (excellent live album)

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Wind & Wuthering

And then there were three (very underrated... Burning Rope is a superb song)

My favorite Yes albums:

Going For the One

Close to the Edge

underrated Yes albums: "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" & "Union".

Zappa: Too many to list.

Thanks... enjoyed it. Great playing man!

My favorite Genesis albums:

Foxtrot

Selling England by the Pound

Seconds Out (excellent live album)

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Wind & Wuthering

And then there were three (very underrated... Burning Rope is a superb song)

My favorite Yes albums:

Going For the One

Close to the Edge

underrated Yes albums: "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" & "Union".

Zappa: Too many to list.

Thank you!

You picked my faves across the board. The 70's was the last of the great frontiers. I hear the latest Genesis DVD has old Gabriel clips (I saw shock the monkey). I have some clips with him wearing his batwings on Midnight Special. The Genesis cover band 'Musical Box' is basically supported by Phil and Genesis. They do a great job.

Another U.K. mate on youtube saw my video and turned me on to 'IT BITES'...have you heard much of them? I hear they backed up Marillion...who backed up Rush...etc. I had not heard of It Bites before but they have some impressive pre-dream theater moments. The guitarist sounded a bit like Holdsworth (one of my all time favorites).

Ive seen King Crimson twice with Belew and met him afterwards. Then there is the ultimate in prog 'Escher like' music...Gentle Giant. Man they were nuts.

You have great musical tastes and are fortunate to live where you do. You must be a player?

What would we do without music. Ill never forget Junior High...old friends...friday night kegger parties featuring Rush 2112. It lasted all summer...we couldnt stop listening to it.

Another U.K. mate on youtube saw my video and turned me on to 'IT BITES'...have you heard much of them? I hear they backed up Marillion...who backed up Rush...etc. I had not heard of It Bites before but they have some impressive pre-dream theater moments. The guitarist sounded a bit like Holdsworth (one of my all time favorites).

No... never heard of them. I gotta check them out... I'm always looking for something new. Marillion I love... the Fish-era only though. Hogarth-era has its followers, and I appreciate the band... but new Marillion doesn't have "balls". It's the same problem with many "new wave" Brit bands: Muse, Coldplay, Radiohead, etc. Porcupine Tree is great though.

Ive seen King Crimson twice with Belew and met him afterwards. Then there is the ultimate in prog 'Escher like' music...Gentle Giant. Man they were nuts.

Both bands are among my favorites. I'll never get tired of Crimson's Red... I think I listened it just last week. Starless is a beautiful but creepy song which always gives me chills. Acquiring the Taste is my favorite GG album. Fripp's solo work "Exposure" is on my playlist now... I'm trying to decide whether I like it or not. Always the same thing with anything Fripp does... the guy is a loon. :D

No, I don't play. I used to play classic guitar when I was a kid... but then sports (hockey and boxing, and later bodybuilding) started to interest me more. Always been a hardcore listener only... lots of my friends are players though, including my youngest little brother, who's very good bass player.

Cheers man!

PS: Two recommendations: Get Camel's "Mirage" and "Moonmadness" (if you don't already have those). You'll love them... I guarantee you that.

Wow, how much did all this lot set you back in the end?

$550.00 plus shipping, insurance...$590.00. The MBK TT is $520.00 without mods from Eurotimez. Based on that, Chris did quite a bit for not much more money. Its a bit steep...yet well worth it!

No... never heard of them. I gotta check them out... I'm always looking for something new. Marillion I love... the Fish-era only though. Hogarth-era has its followers, and I appreciate the band... but new Marillion doesn't have "balls". It's the same problem with many "new wave" Brit bands: Muse, Coldplay, Radiohead, etc. Porcupine Tree is great though.

Both bands are among my favorites. I'll never get tired of Crimson's Red... I think I listened it just last week. Starless is a beautiful but creepy song which always gives me chills. Acquiring the Taste is my favorite GG album. Fripp's solo work "Exposure" is on my playlist now... I'm trying to decide whether I like it or not. Always the same thing with anything Fripp does... the guy is a loon. :D

No, I don't play. I used to play classic guitar when I was a kid... but then sports (hockey and boxing, and later bodybuilding) started to interest me more. Always been a hardcore listener only... lots of my friends are players though, including my youngest little brother, who's very good bass player.

Cheers man!

PS: Two recommendations: Get Camel's "Mirage" and "Moonmadness" (if you don't already have those). You'll love them... I guarantee you that.

Man...RED...my older musician brother gave me FRAGILE on 8 track when I was 7, and RED a few years later. THAT is the best Crimson IMHO. Starless...wow. I saw Fripp at a small club recently...he talked about his wife and mansion...and took a lot of cash from the audience to play two minutes of Starless. He was cool though...and funny. Yeah Marillion lost its balls. Porcupine with Gavin Harrison on drums is awesome...he is in King Crimson now with Pat M.

Camel...brings back memories...isnt that Kit Watkins from Happy the Man on keyboards sometimes? Pip Pyle on drums? I remember 'I can see your house from here'...? Ill check them out!

It bites will surprise you. They are like the 'lost band'. On one clip on youtube from the early 80's, its like duran duran for a verse...then Holdsworth meets Zappa in the middle...Every song I have heard has a wicked middle section. I bet VIRGIN label was pulling its collective heads-of-hair out over that band! They had 3 albums with Virgin then they broke up. I dont have any yet...but you can youtube them...check out 'Screamin at the Beaches'.

Good listening~!

P.S...you may not be a player...but you sure know your watches...how did you learn so much about reps and gens? My Grandfather was a watchmaker...but I dont even know how to remove movements yet.

Beautiful watch, I really like it :)

However, I would keep it "as is", I would not want the Rolex engraving on the rehaut, I think it looks tacky like that.....

Cheers! B)

I would imagine most people feel this way. Better re-sale value? Easy, Easy guys...after 12 anxious weeks waiting for it...you would have to pry it from my dead...ha..

I can always get another Rollie with engraving...like the DSSD V3...do you think it will have the two piece back in eta version soon?

I would imagine most people feel this way. Better re-sale value? Easy, Easy guys...after 12 anxious weeks waiting for it...you would have to pry it from my dead...ha..

I can always get another Rollie with engraving...like the DSSD V3...do you think it will have the two piece back in eta version soon?

Hehe, I don't blame you, I would not let it out of my sight either :lol:

As for the DSSD, I have no clue, that is a watch that does nothing for me......

Nice 16613! I think you did very well for the price. I'm just glad it were the Blue not Black dial version as I would be mad jealous..................OK watches, blah, blah, blah :p .................I watched your YouTube vids. Mad skilz. Loved it!

The first three concerts I saw were all during the Summer of '77 at Madison Square Garden, Led Zeppelin, Yes, and Pink Floyd in that order. I was finally eighteen and able to get myself to shows.

Yes.jpg

($10 orchestra seats :D )

Although I think 'Zeppelin' is 'it' for me, the 'Yes' show (Wakeman joined them for that one) really opened my mind to explore more 'heady' stuff. I was hooked. I started to absorb as much progressive rock as I could. It all came together, for me, with Asia. I saw them around '83, or soon after Danger Money was released. Eddie Jobson playing his acrylic violin? I just fell back into my seat and couldn't speak. I got really [censored] when my friends started to associate that genre of music with taking drugs. It cheapened it. With albums like Starless and Bible Black and a good pair of head phones, who needs drugs?

Cheers!

Dems... good taste in watches & music! I remember in the old RWG... I think it was spring 2005, when I drooled your black TT Sub pics.

There's just something about the TT Sub. It's a bit gaudy but definitely not tasteless... unlike most bling Rollies. I've owned/reviewed 4 of them... and I think today I'd choose the black (if I had to buy one again). Hmm... not sure, the blue is really nice too... the Noob version is stunning (even without mods) :tu:

Mmm... loved it.

3.jpg

Nice 16613! I think you did very well for the price. I'm just glad it were the Blue not Black dial version as I would be mad jealous..................OK watches, blah, blah, blah :p .................I watched your YouTube vids. Mad skilz. Loved it!

The first three concerts I saw were all during the Summer of '77 at Madison Square Garden, Led Zeppelin, Yes, and Pink Floyd in that order. I was finally eighteen and able to get myself to shows.

Yes.jpg

($10 orchestra seats :D )

Although I think 'Zeppelin' is 'it' for me, the 'Yes' show (Wakeman joined them for that one) really opened my mind to explore more 'heady' stuff. I was hooked. I started to absorb as much progressive rock as I could. It all came together, for me, with Asia. I saw them around '83, or soon after Danger Money was released. Eddie Jobson playing his acrylic violin? I just fell back into my seat and couldn't speak. I got really [censored] when my friends started to associate that genre of music with taking drugs. It cheapened it. With albums like Starless and Bible Black and a good pair of head phones, who needs drugs?

Cheers!

Thanks...man this is cool...a bunch of muso's!!! That YES stub is great. I still have my Drama stub from '80 (my first real concert).

Yeah my bro and sis saw zepplin in the early 70's. They brought home a B&W poster of Plant! I saw Asia with 36 keyboards. I liked Drama with Geoffry Downs too.

Eddie...I would say Holdsworth I. O. U. and Eddie Jobson Zinc would be my two stranded on a desert island picks.

Ok, maybe Ill stick around this rep thing.

I remember in the old RWG... I think it was spring 2005, when I drooled your black TT Sub pics.

Hah ha! That's my single most favorite boast...........before there was a 'By-Tor' review there was a noob of the same nick PMing me about a Black dialed 16613 review I did.............. You definately took the 'Review' to a level though! Of course the pics are awesome, but I think because 'English' is not your first language, you don't waste words, and all the pertinent infos are there, and crystal clear, with no unecessary BS................I do love and admire the Blue dial, when done in a good version, it's just not 'me'. I could see owning one, but it not getting much wrist time. I gave that original 16613 to a noob @ RWG. Meh, 'gold' is a hard one for me to pull off, too Malmsteen :lol:

Ok, maybe Ill stick around this rep thing.

As I am fond of saying; "We all come for the watches, but usually end up sticking around for the 'other stuff'." Not too many opportunities to bump into "King Crimson" fans from Micronesia and St. Louis all the same day. Orlando and "Disney World" notwithstanding :D .................

Hah ha! That's my single most favorite boast...........before there was a 'By-Tor' review there was a noob of the same nick PMing me about a Black dialed 16613 review I did.............. You definately took the 'Review' to a level though! Of course the pics are awesome, but I think because 'English' is not your first language, you don't waste words, and all the pertinent infos are there, and crystal clear, with no unecessary BS................

Could be that too Dems... but I keep them brief and striking for purpose. "Easy reading" is my goal. I leave the indepth reviews to the experts of that style (people like Ziggy, Toad and sd4k, etc.).

I usually just set up my studio, shoot the pics and explain why I got that particular rep, concentrating more on the good points. I also study the watch I'm reviewing throughly (the gen counterpart) and then just point out the problems (if any).

Most time consuming thing used to be the photos. Not anymore... when I was starting 1 out of 40-50 pics came out good. Now I'd say 6 out of 10 are usable, as I've found very good studio lighting balance. I usually just pick the photo with best and most desirable angle. I squeezed out the WM9 v2 review in a few hours. It's still a lot of fun for me... although I've ran out of reps that I really desire after (for now at least). But this hobby is even more satisfying when you learn to appreciate what you already have. I don't have to buy new watches all the time... it's not about "more and more"... au contrary, it's even more satisfying to look at your collection and think "Now I'm finished with it... love 'em all." :)

I feel the same about gold. I love it (in principle) but I don't feel comfortable wearing it. TT Sub with college/T-shirt and jeans... well it's ok, but somehow "out of place". If I were more like a "collector type" I'd definitely own one. But I only keep the watches that I wear regularly.

PS: Most underrated Zep album: In Through The Outdoor.

Cheers mate.

The noob will do me and is on my list. I just love that blue dial. The black is a classy watch but the blue is something special IMO. Maybe after the Ebel. That's asuming the Aussie peaso ever recovers enough against the USD to make buying any reps pratical again. It's just too painfull at sixty something cents in the dollar.

As for music. I got a bit of Jello Biafra playing ATM. Some of his post DK stuff mixed with some of his speach recordings. "When the President comes to town" just finished.I think there's a John Cooper Clarke compliation cued up next and before Jello was some Buffett. Gotta love Jimmy!

Um, yeah, I have mixed tastes! :rolleyes:

Col.

FOLLOW UP: Chris returned my email fast. He has offered to swap cases and gave me a web 'gift certificate' for the rrr and the long wait. That was very cool. I will keep the TT this way. Chris probably did me a favor value wise by not including the engraving, it seems more popular or classier without it now that I see it in person.

This TT is awesome :D

Beautiful Watch, ;)

Great pics...

Wear your new beauty well!

MM

Thanks MM, Its a great piece...you were right all along. You offered a calming post when I needed it the most...thank you. Im ok with the no RRR and I love this TT. It was made very well and it is probably my nicest rep.

Your avatar of the geometric morphing cube is sweet...its like 'sharks teeth' rotating.