When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the insane Chronoswiss Wristmaster

doc savage

I never paid much attention to Chronoswiss, but this unusual model caught my eye:

Chronoswiss121280.jpg

(I'm sure the rep gets the lume wrong on this one.)

I always liked the distinctive Chronoswiss onion crown, but thought it was a bit out of proportion to the case. You don't have that problem with this behemoth of a watch from Basel 2008:

un1_image.636296.jpgun1_image.636306.jpgwristmaster1.jpgWristmaster02.jpg

I thought it was a display only piece, but apparently they will be for sale at 12,000 euros. While ridiculous, it immediately calls to mind the vintage dash-mounted Heuer rally timers.

It might be kind of cool and functional for vintage racing, but where else could you wear something like this?

It might be kind of cool and functional for vintage racing, but where else could you wear something like this?

You know, this would make the perfect watch for a football coach or that kind of guy...i mean look its got a stopwatch...how cool.

Edited by chessmonster

Absurd. They recycled that too. It used to be a dash mounted piece for your car. I thought of getting one at one time. I guess they never sold and now they are trying to see if they can use the big watch craze to get rid of them. Of course, being the d*ck that he is, albeit a talented one, Gerd Lang will never admit that he would do such a thing. But he did pretty much save the small, independent mechanical watch industry in a way in the 80's so I suppose we can forgive him. The original Regulateur he still makes today was the first production piece of that kind ever introduced. IMO it is still the coolest watch in his lineup. Classic, elegant, perfect...

Ouch! My guess would be that that is one VERY expensive clipboard! Gerd has too much time on his hands these days. Aperantly. :rolleyes:

Col.

What we really need is a replica of that clipboard..can you imagine...that is something i would pay 300 dollars for just to crack it out during parties..hey check out my clipboard. :o

What we really need is a replica of that clipboard..can you imagine...that is something i would pay 300 dollars for just to crack it out during parties..hey check out my clipboard. :o

It looks like you can wear around your neck with the lanyard, then just sit back and let the ladies flock to you.

About the watch though--I couldn't resist it. Maybe it will fit under my shirt cuff? Or I can strap it to the dash of my new P1800 "Saint" somehow?