When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad Mutha songs - Help

mjmurphy926

I need a little help here. I'm compiling a playlist called "Bad Mutha songs" for my iPod.

So far I have:

Theme from "Shaft" - Isaac Hayes

Super Bad, Pts 1 & 2 - James Brown

Superfly - Curtis Mayfield

Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine - James Brown

The Rubberband Man - The Spinners (Not sure this one belongs)

Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas

Any others you all can think of?

Chocolate salty balls! --The late great Issac Hayes. Classic!

Shake your money maker, ---- Choose any number of artist's! I like the Black Crowes version personally

Papa got a brand new bag, --- by 'insert name here'?!?

Papa was a rollin stone, ---- Can't remember.

I'll thinkof more as the meds kick in bro! :)

Yeah, this is good Mike. I am needin' to add some new play lists to my iPod as well.

Is the mission here Motown or pan genre? As it seemed to be Motown from your first post....................Also sample "Vehicle" from 'Ides of March' from the iTunes store, that track walks..............great horns, that got me into an older 'Chicago' mode, "25 or 6 to 4", and that just took me to Blood Sweat and Tears....................you know, it snow balls............ I ended up with 'Limp Bizkit' "Gimme Somethin' to Break".

I grew up with AM radio 77WABC Cousin Brucie (Bruce Morrow) out of New York. My tastes are wack because of it. 'Led Zeppelin' "Whole Lotta Love" followed by 'Cher' "Half Breed", 'Vicky Lawrence' "Delta Dawn", 'Beatles' "Hey Jude", 'Sinatra' "New York, New York", 'Glen Campbell' "The Witchita Lineman" and 'T-Rex' "Bang a Gong" all on the same station within the same half hour. That's what my iPod looks like.

Edited by Demsey

Yeah, this is good Mike. I am needin' to add some new play lists to my iPod as well.

Is the mission here Motown or pan genre? As it seemed to be Motown from your first post....................Also sample "Vehicle" from 'Ides of March' from the iTunes store, that track walks..............great horns, that got me into an older 'Chicago' mode, "25 or 6 to 4", and that just took me to Blood Sweat and Tears....................you know, it snow balls............ I ended up with 'Limp Bizkit' "Gimme Somethin' to Break".

I grew up with AM radio 77WABC Cousin Brucie (Bruce Morrow) out of New York. My tastes are wack because of it. 'Led Zeppelin' "Whole Lotta Love" followed by 'Cher' "Half Breed", 'Vicky Lawrence' "Delta Dawn", 'Beatles' "Hey Jude", 'Sinatra' "New York, New York", 'Glen Campbell' "The Witchita Lineman" and 'T-Rex' "Bang a Gong" all on the same station within the same half hour. That's what my iPod looks like.

Actually Demsey, the original mission was to gather songs about Bad Muthas Like Shaft, but it has sort of evolved into more.

BTW - Nice diversity in your music choices. ;)