When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush ?

specialvat

Friends,

Sorry to bounce my ideas off you all, I m in two minds as to sell my grail watch as the new improved version may be on the horizon. Should I keep it as back up watch or use the funds from selling it to put towards the new version ? What would you do, thanks for listening :)

Well it depends on what the watch is and how many flaws it currently has.

You find in the world of reps that they fix one flaw and mess up another. Can you live with the flaws at the moment, or would you rather risk selling it now, only to find that a different flaw on the new one bugs you more. Or is the version you have really bad and a good replication in the pipeline?

More details are required if we are going to help you with this one.

Grail watch = ??

To me the Grail watch would be an Ubi 16520 w/ Zenith, a WM9 Sub through the BKLM1234 garage, or something vintage Rolex 'The Zigmeisterzumba' had a hand in, in that case NEVER get rid of it. If the Grail watch is a DSSD version, then I may dispose of it for the ready cash, depending on personal economic situation........................a collection pan vintage(s) of one model are worth repeats of same, better 'ceramic bezel font' is not.

Me personally; the resale of relatively inexpensive in the first place goods are marginal and not worth the snag of possibly alienating a forum member(s) with a deal that may go astray for innocent/beyond your control reasons; lost in the post, watch left in good order but arrived D.O.A etc....................