When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It is a vagina, not a clown car

Fidestro

The saddest part is, each of these 14 children are free individuals who deserve a good life, full of opportunity and health and love. By her actions this selfish mother has condemned more than 70% of them to a hellish life.

Hopefully not hellish, but quite possibly 100% wanton.

What chaps me, no, actually frustrates me, no, makes me want to get something to break is; any unstable moron can have as many children as they want and subjugate them to a life style that would make Paul Francis Gadd blush (Goooooooogle it) and yet you have to jump through a million hoops just to arrive at the bureaucratic red tape answer; "Sorry, no. Although you're a fine citizen, earn a fantastic living, beautiful wife and home, your 53 years will preclude us from allowing you to adopt that infant. Can we interest you in one of Michael Vick's dogs?"

This woman could have travelled to the Great Wall of China Adoption Agency and been told to go to hell. You know, the GWCA, where they have thousands of infants that never cry. Why does a baby cry? Because it works, they get attention. Why don't these babies cry? The same reason their skulls are flat across the back. They get no attention. Christ, Oprah would have paid her the 2 mill. just for that story.........................and the GWCA would have gotten some good exposure........................

Edited by Demsey

No matter how you look at it, the fertility clinic acted irresponsibly in implanting 8 embreyo's

No question about it. The doc's license needs to be pulled. Implanting 8 kids in a single mother of 6?? WTF was he thinking?

The bigger issue here, though, is that the leeches really have taken over. And that's why this sh*t is being pulled as well as why we're in so much trouble now.

Not having read the whole article, was it only 8 embryos implanted? If so, I thought that was standard practice because of the low rate of them actually attaching and so if 8 are implanted, there is only a 20% chance or something low like that that any will actually take? Having said all this, if she is single, living at home, with 6 kids already, there is no way this should ever have taken place in the first place.

Not having read the whole article, was it only 8 embryos implanted? If so, I thought that was standard practice because of the low rate of them actually attaching and so if 8 are implanted, there is only a 20% chance or something low like that that any will actually take? Having said all this, if she is single, living at home, with 6 kids already, there is no way this should ever have taken place in the first place.

It is my understanding that the most that they usually do is 6 at one pass.

I did read where once they discovered that all eight kids were going to come out they tried talking her into aborting some of the children to keep from having complications or loss at birth. She declined as she did not want to make that choice. But apparently making your family a circus, that choice is fine.

I am sure it varies based on circumstance, but I do know several people who have taken the implantation and in vitro route (it's surprisingly common these days), and the most any of them had implanted has been 4 at a time. Usually it seems that 3 is the magic number.