When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maurice Lacroix Masterpice Skeleton

chessmonster

So thanks to replicas i got addicted to mechanical watches and ended up spending big bucks on a gen that i would normall have never bought.

I have seen pics of the maurice lacroix skeleton and decided it was my dream watch. I always thought if i bought a gen watch it would be a skeleton so atleast you can see the movement your paying for, and also i know they are harder to replicate :) . i have had my eye on the chronoswisss opus for a long time but when i saw the maurice skeleton, i decided based on pictures this was my "dream watch". The only prob is i have got some amazing reps...Big Pilot, HBB full ceramic, and a Breitling. WHen the ML arrived it came in a fed ex box..and the box seemed very light..i opened it and out comes just a normal sized watch of normal weight, it seems much lighter and flimsier than my hbb for example...the hbb just looks expensive..the maurice lacroix looks delicate and dankey...but all in all i really love it, and i keep telling myself this is a real swiss watch and this is what i am paying for. My maurice has a diamond bezel...without that i i dont think it would look very expensive at first site. Its amazing to me that the maurice is just stainless steel watch and has a retail price of 10k. I got mine on ebay used for 6k with a 3k diamond bezel..all in all a very good deal i think..check out the ebay add:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120367023227

No box or paper on this watch.

Now that i have the maurice in my hands, it is a manual wind instead of a automatic, so of course movement seems very simple. Also i have read this is a custom in house movement, but in one of my manual wind chinese replicas, the movements looks pretty identical.

The other negative i have seen is that in 24 hour period this watch runs around 5 minutes fast. I would expect on a gen that the timing would be more accurate.

The positive is i really love the diamonds. I have verified that they are vss diamonds, and on this watch to me they look beautiful. I have always been a fan of diamond watches and since i am professional poker player it is appropriate for me to wear one. Bling at the poker table is considered cool and not tacky..think hot vegas night...I really love the watch, and if it werent for my replicas it would rock my world..the problem is atleast one of my replicas (hbb) is totaly more impressive on first site.

I would really be curious what some of you guys think of my new watch.

post-19608-1233691133_thumb.jpg

post-19608-1233691151_thumb.jpg

post-19608-1233691224_thumb.jpg

post-19608-1233691453_thumb.jpg

Edited by chessmonster

Pretty cool!

I agree, too much bling for me, but still a very nice piece!

Your +5 minutes/24 isnt acceptable. It is an easy fix, as I saw that there is a nice regulator that you can adjust yourself.

If you dont feel comfortable doing that, any reasonable watchmaker should easily take care of that for you.

Wear it well!

-K

Beautiful watch my friend. I've had an eye on the stainless version and tried it on a couple of times too at the local AD. The only reason I didn't get it was the fact that I already have a Maurice Lacroix and I want to try a few other brands.

I would definitely send it to ML to service and regulate it. They'd probably love to see the work done on it too :)

Enjoy it and wear it in good health.