When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First PAM little help please...

numptyj

Hi guys as the title says I'm looking for my first PAM and have seen these two on sale by Andrew.

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...;products_id=78

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...;products_id=94

I do really like the brown strap on the 005 but the PAM111H looks nice also.

Wanted to know if anyone has the latter and could maybe provide a wrist shot of what the actual strap looks like on, because the picture doesn't show too much.

The price difference as well, is it better to go for the asian Unitas 6497 Hand Wind than the asian 21j?

Also what is the standard lume like on these models. I have a PO chrono which lights very brightly but the lume is pretty much nonexistent after 5 mins, am i expecting too much from a rep, or are these PAMs known for having good lume?

Appreciate any answers anyone can provide :)

Justin

- rep straps SUCK big time!!! you absolutely HAVE TO buy an aftermarket strap....

- the mvt asian 21j is absolutely incorrect for the PAM005, because the GEN pieces uses the manual wind mvt while the asian 21j is automatic...better go for option 1. Asian ETA powered PAM111

- rep lume generally isn't great...it doesn't last too long but there is a cure for that - or send it to one of the resident modders or buy a PAM already modded from the 2nd hand market...

pics and reviews of the watches you like PAM111 and PAM005 are all over the forum...use the search button and you'll find all of your answers...as well browsing the Panerai sub-forum you can learn a lot!

Hey Justin, whats up? Looks to me that you and I are headed on the same course. From PO chronos to pams. Im looking at Andrews Pam Regatta with PR. The ss braclet looks pertty good Comparable to our PO's. I will agree with Daddog on the quality of the leather straps, not good :thumbdown: I know this older guy who makes hand made straps. He is a friend of my uncles. His work is unbeleavable. Like I said he is a older guy. He makes these straps and other leather goods for family and friends. I aso like Manifatture Frienze and Mario Paci. There are of course many others that are less expensive. It all depends on what your looking for, good luck :) Mike PS As far as lume,AR ect, this is where the Mods come in, dependong on how you feel on any given watch. :thumbs: