When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fair price for a 7753 Hamilton

siesta181

Hi Guys,

Need some help here. I m assembling a PAM 250. I have the old case and Lello DW and am now procuring a 7753 powered Hammy. Getting to be very rare.

So I'd really appreciate some indications of how much I should be paying for such a donor watch.

My Chinese dealer is quoting USD600.00 for the movement only which I think is rather steep when I am not too sure if I gonna get the real stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Siesta181

Your best value is to buy a complete watch with the movement inside, or to buy a 7753 from a watch supply house.

Anything else and the risk outweighs the cost savings.

Are you certain that the 7753 will fit your case? Keep in mind all 7750 series are the same thickness but the Asian 7753 is thicker than the ETA 7753 (think sunken datewheel...)...

RG

I have seen the 7753 powered Hamilton chronos very cheap on TZ Sales corner, like these one for 475USD, (it is a seller with low post count, though) and another for 750USD.:

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4215166&rid=0

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4020300&rid=0

(replace the "xx" with "tt")

@olorin: nice picture! :lol:

Thanks for all the input guys.. and yes Coolfire, I will probably get it.

I am looking at getting a 7753 Hamilton or Victorinox for this project.

@The Zigmeister - I have EL day;ight case, I am under the impression that Eddie Lee's Daylight is the most accurate will be perfect to accept a 7753 movt. Hope that's the case.

@chrgod - thanks for the directions.

@denise - we are serious watch ppl here ;) ... hahaha. I watched Trading Places a couple of times. That's the E.Murphy and D Ackroyd movie isn't it?

Have a good weekend all....

Thanks for all the input guys.. and yes Coolfire, I will probably get it.

I am looking at getting a 7753 Hamilton or Victorinox for this project.

@The Zigmeister - I have EL day;ight case, I am under the impression that Eddie Lee's Daylight is the most accurate will be perfect to accept a 7753 movt. Hope that's the case.

@chrgod - thanks for the directions.

@denise - we are serious watch ppl here ;) ... hahaha. I watched Trading Places a couple of times. That's the E.Murphy and D Ackroyd movie isn't it?

Have a good weekend all....

Have a great one too, bro!

Hmm.. a Victorinox would cost lesser, won't it? :) Anyway, good luck on your upcoming project!

I have seen the 7753 powered Hamilton chronos very cheap on TZ Sales corner, like these one for 475USD, (it is a seller with low post count, though) and another for 750USD.:

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4215166&rid=0

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4020300&rid=0

(replace the "xx" with "tt")

@olorin: nice picture! :lol:

Great Price for a 7753.

I've managed to get great deals on two 7753 Hamiltons. First one I grabbed for a little less than $400 about six months ago at a pawn shop. Case was a little scratched up but other than that it's been running great. The other one I grabbed off the bay for about $450 a couple months ago. Both are Hamilton Aviation Chrono's. May take you a little time to hunt down some good deals but they can be found.

Quick update.

Managed to snag a Hamilton 7753 for GBP 291.00 or about USD435.00 from fleabay. NIB apparently...we'll see

The hunt for a Grade AAA+ PAM250 dial or a gen 250 dial (at the right price of coz) begins.... wish me luck

Cheers

Siesta181

Great News bro! Lello DW checked. Gen 7753 movement checked. Looks like your project is coming along nicely.

Just got another Hamilton Khaki Aviation for USD600.00.....

Guess max for this is USD 600.00. Shouldn't be paying more

Have a great weekend guys.

Happy hunting.

And remember our chat this afternoon, let me be the 1st in queue if you decide to sell this! :p congrats on your acquisitions bro!

• 4 weeks later...