When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brand New 250 From Trusty, Need Help!

Marv1n

Guys,

10 days after ordering, my new Trusty PAM250 came today!. I'm trying to set the time, but am getting MAJOR resistance when trying to turn the crown. What am I doing wrong? I do not want to force it!

I currently own a gen 111h, and have no idea on what the right way to handle a PAM chrono is, so your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Marv1n

Maybe the crown doesn't pull out enough because the crown guard is blocking it. Try to remove the CG (only 2 screws) and try setting the time?

It pulls out 2 steps, and you can see that the hands "want" to move but there is a fair amount of resistance.

Is it ok to push through the resistance?

Also, if anyone can instruct me on PAM chrono operation (what the buttons do) that'd be great!

It pulls out 2 steps, and you can see that the hands "want" to move but there is a fair amount of resistance.

Is it ok to push through the resistance?

Also, if anyone can instruct me on PAM chrono operation (what the buttons do) that'd be great!

Never ever force anything, you could cause irreversable damage...

As already stated, you need to find out what is causing the resistance, is it that the crown is not pulling out far enough to engage into the 3rd positon, or that the crown wont' pull out far enough and is touching the inner part of the crown guard, or that the crown is rubbing against the crown guard...

Either way, you need to do some troubleshooting on your end before better advice can be given.

As for using the chrono, here is the quick and dirty:

Top Pusher.

Starts, stops the chrono. You push and the chrono starts, you push again and the chrono stops. If you press again, it starts again. There is no limit to how many times you can press this button in a row, or a time limit on how long you have to wait between each press, or whatever. Everytime you press it, the lever inside moves a cam, the chrono either runs or stops, I can press mine 25 times in 10 seconds and it does no harm...these movements are idiot proof (not meaning you personally)

Bottom pusher.

When the chono is in the STOPPED REset Position, the bottom pusher will always move the 12 hour wheel to the reset position. In other words, if the chono is reset meaning the 30 minute and chrono seconds are in the reset positions, pressing the bottom lever moves a lever and resets or attempts to reset the 12 hour wheel - it does nothing else, and you can press it to your heart's content...meaning all the time and as often as you like...

If the top pusher is pressed and the chrono is turned on, then the bottom pusher does NOTHING, so you can logically press it to your hearts content again...

When the chrono is in the stopped position, meaning you started it, and then stopped it with the top pusher, then by pressing the bottom pusher, you will cause the cam to move and reset the seconds and 30 minute timer, it also as discussed above resets the 12 hour wheel. Once the bottom pusher is presses the first time, and the seconds and 30 minute timers are reset, they stay in that position and can only be moved out of it by pressing the top pusher...

These movements have no quirks or restrictions on what you can and can't do with them, they are designed to be fail safe from the users...so my friend, press to your hearts desire and do not be afraid of the chrono...

Let us know on the time setting issue...

If it's not clear, let me know...

RG

I've got the same problem with 6 o'clock sub dial, see the thread below.

The Zigmeister Thread

... and no it should run all the time.

It seems that the asian 7750 have these problem all the itme. The plastic stopper is either not set problem or even missing in some case. almost all the IWC GST have this problem. It seems it would be better off with the swiss movement...