When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Blacksteel Rep

rogerthat

Not actually new, but new for me.

Anyway I like the way these pictures came out so I thought I would share.

Impressions:

I have owned most all of the "super reps" that have come out over the past couple of years and in my opinion this is the best out of the box rep yet. This is the Skyland (smaller size) ; I am sure the SA will be just as good or maybe better if you need to go larger. For me the Skyland is the right choice.

This watch has the most minor of faults and if you really wanted you can correct 2 minor issues.

The red printing could be a little darker, that cannot be fixed but otherwise:

The AR is very good, probably the best factory double AR yet, but a trip to Cheiftang is one mod I would consider.

His coating would really make this dial pop even more and the rep coating still suffers from the overly blue hue effect.

The lume dots are really not bad, they don't glow much and a couple are not applied perfectly but you would really need to inspect and look for this to ever even notice. I have professionally relumed other watches through modders on this forum and a mod would fix this minor fault. Personally I find them totally acceptable and this dial will not glow much even if relumed by a pro, so I don't plan on pursuing this mod.

Otherwise this watch is out of the box perfection.

The dial looks perfect, the date font dead on. No recessed date wheel at all. All engraving is deep and the bezel is the best rep bezel I have seen. The pearl is very good,also probably the best rep pearl I have seen. Last but certainly not least the DLC/PVD coating is truly amazing and one reason why this rep truly looks gen like.

The color is dead on and the finish really can change its appearance depending on the lighting from grey to black and many shades in between. The bezel and pushers are a shade darker and this gives great dimension and character to the case.

Another important observation is that I found the SS Skyland to be too thick and I actually did not like the watch on my wrist.

The Blacksteel becuase of the color wears smaller and I find it a perfect fit. It does not wear any larger than my HBB for example. Overall I love this rep and this will be a keeper.

Please let me know what you think of these pictures taken today.

Cheers,

M

watches038fe9.jpg

w825.png

watches039tl9.jpg

w797.png

watches042hg9.jpg

w818.png

watches040sc7.jpg

w746.png

watches046ul1.jpg

w719.png

Great Watch, great strap.

Just ordered another strap from Greg Stevens myself. And also a key fob with the CRAZY HORSE leather to check that leather for a future strap for a Panerai. But as I see this one: PERFECT COMBINATION.

Wear it well, it is one of the most beautiful Breitlings i saw passing along here on the RWG...!!

Great Pics !.. Great timepiece.. great strap !!!!!!! :D

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!!

you could always send the buckle or one like it to one of the many coaters around CONUS and have it DLC coated.. or check with Avitt .. he can provide the service for you..

Aloha~Cheers

L

Coating is holding up so far without any scratches.

Time will tell I guess but I have not heard of any reported problems with the coating since the V2 model was launched.

The case does manage to pick up more dust than SS cases do, anyone with a double AR watch crystal can attest, a cleaning cloth dialy is a neccesity so it is not a big deal.

Cheers,

M

Curious about the coating, I wonder how well it will hold up over time and weather it will scratch showing steel through it. The carbon nitride-based treatment on the gen one is scratch resistant.

The gen and the rep underwent the same process. Lani beat his on accident and it did not scratch.