When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko crystals.

I have had a number of Seiko refurbs on the bench of late.

Finding parts, and moreso genuine crystals, is a real challenge.

Last Friday I spoke with a guy in Sydney (Oz), and today received 6 various crystals (4 x genuine Hardlex) for these jobs.

I have been chasing these thru the Seiko forums, and most were saying they all were NLA.

So if anyone is having a prob sourcing a gen Seiko crystal, a good starting point is ...Precise Plexis in Sydney...Ph 02 9299 7933. Fax 02 9299 7887.

He is an old time type supplier...no website...no email.

If anyone wants an assist, and you know the crystal number, give me a yell, and I'll call him for you.

Be a little wary.... 2 of the 6 were in fact Steinkrutz aftermarkets, (which he didn't tell me), however the prices were still a LOT cheaper than Frei, Cousins, or Jules Borel.

FYI.

Offshore

PS Don't tell the Seiko forum guys....they'll eat all the stocks up in minutes :p

Not saying he has everything, but if you know the # no. shoot him a fax, or PM me, and I will call.

He is a bit like Bob Frei....you better know the P/N you want..... don't go sending him a watch model no.!! :rolleyes:

Sheesh...all us old timers must get sick of looking up parts...especially when Seiko don't release parts lists!

Offshore

Hmmmmmmmm! :g:

I had an OM years ago with the most gorgeous, lurid high domed Hardlex crystal... it got crushed (go figure) and the crystal delaminated. The bezel is dished on these things, and the crystal on that watch was domed up above the edge of the bezel.

Since then I've replaced the crystal twice (go figure) with genuine parts, and neither of the replacements are as domed. Also, the new crystals are "lens" shaped in cross section, whereas the old ones were flat on the back.

I'd sure like to find one of the oooooooooooooold ones. Does this description sound like what you've got there?

Please Sign In or Sign Up