When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex vintage help!

chevallll

seek assistance for the purchase of vintage rolex, explorer 2 and daytona 6263.6265. I was advised to contact jewelryandwatch.com and ndtradingcorp.com, really wanted to know if these vendors have products with the same quality 'of rolex genuine, and not really any difference, I try very helpful before making a purchase very expensive. also wanted to know if and 'possible dispatch to the italy.

through emergency aid

chevall

You will need to check with each vendor to see their policies regarding shipment to Italy, but neither sells watches that are exactly like (or equal to) genuine Rolex Daytonas. Both vendors use aftermarket cases & generic Valjoux 72x movements, which they modify with aftermarket parts to mimic the movements that Rolex originally fit into Daytonas. From the 2 samples I have worked on, I would rank the appearance of these watches as being good (not perfect), but the quality of construction can range anywhere from acceptable to nightmarish (terrible). These watches do not match the quality of the genuine Daytonas, or even the better home-brewed frankens that some RWG members have built.

If you cannot afford the astronomical prices being charged for genuine vintage Daytonas & you do not have the skills required to build your own franken, then these vendors' watches are reasonable alternatives. However, I would factor in the cost of having a reliable watchmaker overhaul your watch as soon as you receive it. That way, he can (hopefully) correct most of the issues these watch have when you receive them.

This is what we call a "franken". You know Frankenstein- well this is a watch put together with non-original parts- in this case the case is not original, but rather a replacement. Also, the dial has beeen redone. But when you consider that an original 1655 would run $10,000-30,000US, buying this watch for $3,600US is a less costly proposition- if that's the watch you truely want with the Rolex 1570(5) GMT movement. It's all a question of how much money you're willing to spend.

You could also keep an eye peeled around here in case anyone decides to sell their 1655 rep- that would run maybe $400-1000 or so- but wouldn't have the Rolex movement inside.