When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP issue

denisegold

Doesn't surprise me that they have an "issue". I find it funny that they use a GEN to make the watch and then make all kinds of minor errors that would seemingly be easy to rectify...

Perhaps you can show us a pic of your "issue"? at least the watch

Honestly I am having major anxiety about my rubber bezzle, if it peels. I will be furious...

Edited by goodfella0406

Doesn't surprise me that they have an "issue". I find it funny that they use a GEN to make the watch and then make all kinds of minor errors that would seemingly be easy to rectify...

Perhaps you can show us a pic of your "issue"? at least the watch

Honestly I am having major anxiety about my rubber bezzle, if it peels. I will be furious...

It doesn't surprise me at all that they don't get all the details right. This happens for a number of reasons, the two most obvious being:

1) They're doing a Microsoft: first launch version 1 with several flaws. As sales start to decline you launch version 2. This is somewhat improved compared to version 1 but it still has flaws. Charge a premium for version 2 as it is "the best in the market". As sales start to drop, launch version 3. And so on and so on. Just look at some of the models that were out there back in 2000-2001 and compare them with what is available today. The standard AP RO is a good example. Yes, quality and looks have improved over the last few years but VERY few reps are spot on.

2) Cost. Some details are simply to costly for the manufacturer to bother replicating - especially since the vast majority of replica buyers don't know enough about the original to notice it anyway.

Magnus

The gen Royal Oak Offshores all have screwdown crowns. I myself haven't seen a rep of this model that didn't. But then again, there are various levels of accuracy on reps, depending on the amount of money you spent. There is even a quartz version of the Offshore Chrono, so there might be a no-screwdown version as well. Without more details about the one you bought, it's fishing in the dark...

Forgive me but this watch does have a screw down crown. The problem is that it does not work on my watch! When I ordered this watch I communicated with the seller, one of our trusted ones that I required this to be serviced and waterproofed. I was planning on having it done on my side also but wanted the movement oiled etc first. Well, I am guessing that even though I was told these checks were done they could not have been completed. The watch would not have passed any test with the crown in its current state. I have been in contact with the seller and am rather frustrated. I am getting the old, send it to a watchmaker, then I will send the parts out if you order another watch and finally I need to send extra money for airmail! Right now I am out of pocket $500, then watchsmith fee's here in the US for a crown check and soon another amount to have the crown replaced. I have asked that they send a tube also in case the problem is there and I am meeting problems with that request. Finally today I just sent an email stating that I will send the watch back for a full refund. So I wait.

Very discouraged!!

Forgive me but this watch does have a screw down crown. The problem is that it does not work on my watch! When I ordered this watch I communicated with the seller, one of our trusted ones that I required this to be serviced and waterproofed. I was planning on having it done on my side also but wanted the movement oiled etc first. Well, I am guessing that even though I was told these checks were done they could not have been completed. The watch would not have passed any test with the crown in its current state. I have been in contact with the seller and am rather frustrated. I am getting the old, send it to a watchmaker, then I will send the parts out if you order another watch and finally I need to send extra money for airmail! Right now I am out of pocket $500, then watchsmith fee's here in the US for a crown check and soon another amount to have the crown replaced. I have asked that they send a tube also in case the problem is there and I am meeting problems with that request. Finally today I just sent an email stating that I will send the watch back for a full refund. So I wait.

Very discouraged!!

Wow! I just got back from a long vacation and this is what I read the first day......I'm so sorry to hear about your problems....but looking at your member # and no. of post I would think that you have done your research here at RWG........"NEVER ORDER YOUR WATCH FROM THE DEALERS WITH SERVICE AND WATERPROOFING!" It's a waste of money!

You should return this watch.....sounds like you're getting the typical run around! If this is the 1:1 model for $500 or so, it should not have these issues! Good luck!

Wow! I just got back from a long vacation and this is what I read the first day......I'm so sorry to hear about your problems....but looking at your member # and no. of post I would think that you have done your research here at RWG........"NEVER ORDER YOUR WATCH FROM THE DEALERS WITH SERVICE AND WATERPROOFING!" It's a waste of money!

You should return this watch.....sounds like you're getting the typical run around! If this is the 1:1 model for $500 or so, it should not have these issues! Good luck!

well said, i as well had problems with one of my watches and the dealer offered to replace the watch for the obvious flaws. i should get my replacement any time now.