When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen or Andrew for Pam 104

diegojack

Want a good rep PAM 104. After scouring this site for several hours over the last couple days, I have come to the conclusion that either Davidsen or Andrew at TrustyTime would be advisable choices for dealers. As an aside, I would prefer a 40mm PAM but have learned through various postings that good reps in that size are difficult to come by. My wrist is a hair under 7 inches so hopefully a 44mm won't look ridiculous. I currently have a gen 42mm Breitling Chrono Superocean, which sits up pretty high, and that looks pretty good. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated by this noob, both with respect to reputable dealers and case diameter size. If anyone has pics of 44mm PAMS next to 42mm watches for a size comparison, that would be great. And, if anyone is looking to sell a 40mm PAM, I'm your man. Finally, I'd like to say how impressed I am with the depth of knowledge of the membership here. Finding this site was like walking through the door to a whole new world. Thank you.

Want a good rep PAM 104. After scouring this site for several hours over the last couple days, I have come to the conclusion that either Davidsen or Andrew at TrustyTime would be advisable choices for dealers. As an aside, I would prefer a 40mm PAM but have learned through various postings that good reps in that size are difficult to come by. My wrist is a hair under 7 inches so hopefully a 44mm won't look ridiculous. I currently have a gen 42mm Breitling Chrono Superocean, which sits up pretty high, and that looks pretty good. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated by this noob, both with respect to reputable dealers and case diameter size. If anyone has pics of 44mm PAMS next to 42mm watches for a size comparison, that would be great. And, if anyone is looking to sell a 40mm PAM, I'm your man. Finally, I'd like to say how impressed I am with the depth of knowledge of the membership here. Finding this site was like walking through the door to a whole new world. Thank you.

You've done your research. I went with the Davidsen 104 myself--I think you get more for your $ now that Andrew has raised the prices on the Ultimate 104's... Also, Davidsen's comes already "superlumed".

Get one, it's not too big.

RSM

DSN is a great looking watch, but neither DSN and Trusty/Josh have not gotten the cyclops and datefont right. My friend has a 104 and the datefont between my DSN (sold) to his 104 was clear as day. Every date is magnified perfectly, while DSN only had a few of the single digits that were as large. The optics in Panerai is difficult to replicate.

However I have contacted Fishgodeep about this and I will eventually try a 104 project.

This is not to say that the 104 is not a good rep. It is very nice, and has a very classic allure.

If you are getting from DSN I would suggest you make sure you ask for new parts. He has a habit of pawning of his older returned parts. And make sure you get pictures before he sends. It is worth the wait. DSn is a good communicator and overall a good seller, but you need to do your due diligence. Good luck.

DSN is a great looking watch, but neither DSN and Trusty/Josh have not gotten the cyclops and datefont right. My friend has a 104 and the datefont between my DSN (sold) to his 104 was clear as day. Every date is magnified perfectly, while DSN only had a few of the single digits that were as large. The optics in Panerai is difficult to replicate.

However I have contacted Fishgodeep about this and I will eventually try a 104 project.

This is not to say that the 104 is not a good rep. It is very nice, and has a very classic allure.

If you are getting from DSN I would suggest you make sure you ask for new parts. He has a habit of pawning of his older returned parts. And make sure you get pictures before he sends. It is worth the wait. DSn is a good communicator and overall a good seller, but you need to do your due diligence. Good luck.

What do you mean by 104 project? What is involved? Please elaborate.... I am in the middle of one myself.