When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on Franken 3717 (Gen dial, hands and glass)

mwee

I tell you what, you've got a gen dial and gen hands and i don't know what you will do with the glass, but in hindsight, if you don't go for the gen movement, you will kick yourself because they are rare to find as well.

I will definitely put up pics whenever I do get my gen, as for now I hope I was of some help.

Take care buddy!

I may also be able to get the gen crown as well :)

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid a gen crown won't fit. The rep crown has a tube that is threaded on the outside. The gen tube is smooth on the outside. Although it's a screw down crown i have no idea where the thread is.

This looks like a mighty project mate :good:

The gen dial is somewhat less smooth and this gives it a more deep black look. Chief's AR looks more or less the same as the gen AR, so that's good. One thing that always stands out for me is that the 12-3-6-9 markers are different from the rep markers... but they don't glow much more!! The gen superlume is hardly doing it's work, but keep in mind that this watch does not need to have dive watch specs... but pilot watch specs!

Just be aware not to spent an amount that could also buy you the gen... ;)

Yeah, why not. Lets make this a really fantastic one and at the end of the day, I will alwyas be wondering about the Dw font if I get the 7750 movement with ETA DW. Getting the gen movement and DW will solve this.

Now, please pray that the crystal will fit as well!

Thanks Asim, you have been a great help.

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid a gen crown won't fit. The rep crown has a tube that is threaded on the outside. The gen tube is smooth on the outside. Although it's a screw down crown i have no idea where the thread is.

This looks like a mighty project mate :good:

The gen dial is somewhat less smooth and this gives it a more deep black look. Chief's AR looks more or less the same as the gen AR, so that's good. One thing that always stands out for me is that the 12-3-6-9 markers are different from the rep markers... but they don't glow much more!! The gen superlume is hardly doing it's work, but keep in mind that this watch does not need to have dive watch specs... but pilot watch specs!

Just be aware not to spent an amount that could also buy you the gen... ;)

Hi Frank,

thanks for the advice! Honestly, the only thing I am consdering now is the movement, to ge the gen movement or just stick to a swiss one? what do you think?

The difference in Dw is really not that much but the costs is nearly double!

Hi Frank,

thanks for the advice! Honestly, the only thing I am consdering now is the movement, to ge the gen movement or just stick to a swiss one? what do you think?

The difference in Dw is really not that much but the costs is nearly double!

Hi Mark,

To be honest, the dial and hands would be a perfect investment! But the difference between a swiss7750 or gen IWC 7750 isn't to big, so i'd choose the budget-friendly option. Although i had a 3717 with gen IWC 7750 and loved it, and i must confess the quality of the movement is absolutely better.

But keep in mind that you're working on a rep... and investing too much wouldn't make sense.

Good luck mate... sounds like a great opertunity for a superrep :)