When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Boxes from www.aoobuy.com

davidf

I wrote a review on repgeeks a rep AP (big) box i received from aoobuy.com. I went so far as to say i received constant email replies from Helen and that the box arrived within 7 days of shipping. Very fast. Box came, outer box had some damage to two corners and the wood box, though very beautiful as far as the wood, had chipping where the lid meets the bottom and the "lock" didn't function at all. I get an email last night from "Steve" in China who works for the company. He offered to send me a replacement, all i had to do was pay $40.00 for shipping it, as it's big and heavy.

Oh, wow, what a deal. Considering shipping was only $20 the first time they sent me the box. Idiot me offers to pay him $20 to ship me another box. He goes down to $30. I tell him $20, again, that's it and i shouldn't be offering even that. He comes back with $30, sorry.

He's always nice btw, never a jerk. I basically email him back telling him no deal, i shouldn't pay anything at all since it's my who caused the damage. And by the looks of the damage, the wood box damage was caused prior to shipping. The outer box was most likely caused by poor packaging as there was no buffer between the mailing box and the outer/inner boxes packaged inside. I informed him that i would write a review on this site and RWG - not because I'm an a$$, but because i think people should know that this is how aoobuy works.

So, that's my story. And i'm filing a claim with paypal. I shouldn't be out any money at all for damage that isn't my fault. Am I wrong? I certainly shouldn't be asked to pay for return shipping of the box, then I'm out more money. Am I being an a$$?

Read the problems of bad QC on faulty watches here, wrong orders shipped, etc...and you'll learn it is ALWAYS the buyer's responsibility to ship the faulty/wrong product back to the seller in order to replace the product. The sellers NEVER pay for return shipping...but they cover the cost of shipping the replacement item back to you.

That's how it works. Most Noobs get [censored] off by the this and rant and rave about how when they shop at XXXX store, the store offers return shipping and a 500 guarantee, and a 10% bonus for dissatisfaction with the product. That's not how it works with the rep market.

Read the stories here and learn...and think twice about the Paypal dispute.

Sorry to hear about your situation Davidf. I hate to say it but "Toads giving it to you straight". It sounds to me like your trying to do the right thing. I dont think your a ass, your [censored] off and I dont blame you a bit. But the rep world is different. I know it sucks but were all in the same boat. If we want to be involved in this hobby we must make consesions.It is what it is. Do the right thing as far as these reps go and it will come back to you in a very positive return, Im sure of that. :thumbs: Good luck on whatever you choose to do. :) Mike

I've gotten spare parts for my old Cougar that were shipped like they were glass. I'll never understand people/companies that take the time to put something together and don't care about or consider the potential damage shipping will cause and the headaches that come with having to deal with dissatisfied customers. If you're going to do something, do it right. Considering the lack of care that went into the shipping process, it's no wonder he doesn't want to pay for returning the package. If the box is worth having, then biting the bullet is about the only option from what I can see. The bright side of it is that he's talking to you, and willing to send a replacement. I recently had to send an ACER monitor back for warranty service- on my dime. But, having a 21" monitor fixed right is worth the hassle so I'm not complaining.

I hope things work out in the end. Take a deep breath and remember: there are so many people out there that are much worse off than yourself. You know the story about Bob, the guy with no arms and no legs- he can't even wear a watch, so no need for a watch box. See, don't you feel better already? :)