When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Relative Newb with 3717 trouble

chronomaster

So, I just grabbed my new pilot chrono A7750 from the post office this afternoon. The problem is, I have yet to get the second hand to work!

The main second hand only turns when the chrono is on. After about 15 minutes, the chrono drains the reserve and the entire movement locks up after 58 seconds. I have yet to engage the second hand while the chrono is off. Only the sub second works, along with the hr and min (it seems to keep decent time).

Should I send it back? Help is definitely appreciated :(

Edited by chronomaster

You post is a little confusing in the description of what's going on. What you are describing sort of sounds like the normal operation of a 7750.

Just to be clear, on a 7750 movement the main seconds hand (that will run all the time) is the second hand in the subdial at 9 o'clock. The large second hand (center) only moves when you are using the chronograph.

You post is a little confusing in the description of what's going on. What you are describing sort of sounds like the normal operation of a 7750.

Just to be clear, on a 7750 movement the main seconds hand (that will run all the time) is the second hand in the subdial at 9 o'clock. The large second hand (center) only moves when you are using the chronograph.

See what I'm saying? Newb:)

Thank god. I have a quartz portu which does not run the way you describe, so I was totally mystified by the 3717's behavior.

Live and learn. Thanks man.

lol, it's all good. enjoy the watch and read upon the many 3717 threads they have on here.

It is my all-time favourite every day watch.

one day, i will pull the trigger on the gen when my bank manager allows me. :p