When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some clarification needed for watch winders and 7750

JuniorNA

Hey all, I've read tons of posts with conflicting data, I've decided to hopefully create a new post instead of reviving old ones so we can all add our information on 1 thread .

I've read about 20 posts stating 7750's are only to be winded CW on a winder to maintain power, and another 20 posts stating that 7750's can only wind CCW in order to maintain function....

Well now i'm confused, how can we have so many conflicting opinions, surely someone has tested this before, surely someone had the patience in the past to set the winder 1 way for a few days and report results, and set the winder another way and wait a few days for results.

Me for example, I have a dual winder which can go both CW, and CCW. I put my skyland v2 7750 in the winder on Friday night, and it was dead by Sunday morning, so Clearly the 7750 does not wind in CCW...my A21J Steelfish was fine since i DO in fact know that charges CCW...

So i've decided to split the setting, so its set to both CW, and CCW, but that might not be enough.

I have it set to 1 hour on, 3 hours off......on switch, which means...

1 hour on in CCW

3 hours off

1 Hour on in CW

3 hours off

1 Hour in CCW

3 hours off

1 Hour on in CW

This might do it for both, IF the power reserve was decent when putting the watch in the winder in the first place....

The only thing that throws me, is that it is usually easily to tell the way a watch winds by literally putting it to your ear and turning it CW or CCW, when you hear the winding, or hear the gear, that means its winding in taht direction, so for my SOSF, it was easy to tell...

but on the Skyland V2 7750, I cannot tell, and cannot hear it...when you spin the watch CW I hear the winding mechanism spinning like crazy, which usually means that is NOT the way to wind, the way with resistance winds, so I figured, ok...now if I turn it CCW, i should hear a winding noise...well I didnt hear that either.

So not only are the previous posts presenting conflicting data, so is my OWN experience....all the data I presented should have clearly led me to believe the 7750 winds CCW, but yet it died in 25 hours....where as the steelfish can go on forever in that winder...

All evidence points me to beleive that the 7750 winds CCW, with the fact that when I turn it CW, the pendulum just spins and spins leading me to believe it does wind that way, but apparently it does wind in CW since it went dead so fast in the winder going CCW.

Can anyone explain this? or am I just simple over thinking it ?

Also, will the setting i listed above accommodate both CW and CCW winding watches? Any insight?

I can't remember but I'm sure someone will chime in with the expert answer...can you also adjust TPD (Turns Per Day) as you'll need to hit the correct TPD number in order to keep the watch wound (but you don't want to go way over). Orbita has a handy guide on their page.

My understanding is the 7750 winds clockwise.

The angle of the winder is important to a 7750. The watch crystal needs to be at about a 90 degree angle to the floor. Try placing the winder on a towel or pillow so the watch crystal is perpendicular to the floor and see if it stays wound that way.

I faced exactly the same problem almost a year ago with my BCE...I had also posted something with a lot of responses that helped me a lot JuniorNA but there is no need to go back to old threads for a matter that can be solved right on this thread you opened :) So...... In my opinion and according to the experience i gained so far you should not alter the angle in which the watch is placed on the winder...The default one should be just fine...The watch winder should be adjusted to working in CW direction and definitely NOT CCW!!! What Shundi said about TPDs is correct so what you must also do is reduce the interval between winding operations from 3 hours that is now to 1 and a half hour! My winder works for ten minutes every 1 and a half hour and the results are miraculous! It was left for a month on the winder and it kept perfect time....! I think by following my advice you will solve this problem (it is indeed a great problem having your watch's date and time adjusted every now and then :( ) Try it and let me know JuniorNA ;) I hope i helped...