When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For ROO Lovers - an update with my Safari Trip

hiker01

Vacation is over - now back to the Cold, Snowy and Windy place called home! These pictures where taken mostly in several Islands in the Philippines in the vicinity or area called Palawan.

Beautiful place and I think much better and cleaner compared to some parts or coastal towns of Thailand!

This area is called the Last Frontier of the Philippines.

We dove in several areas, some are coral reefs and some are Japanese Ship wrecks! We also dove in two inland lakes where sea water meets fresh water thru a big whole in the mountain.

The underwater pictures were taken around 10 to 35ft depth due to the limitation of my camera.

One thing about the watch, this is the only watch I brought...which means I wore it for six weeks straight! Very impressive performance! It gained about a minute and a half and just keep

on ticking after all the sand, salt water, sweat, alcohol (oooops, I think that was me!) humidity it encountered during the trip! Enjoy the pictures:

One of the beach where we hang out before the dive:

DSC_0179.JPG

One dive location:

DSC_0077.JPG

Dive pictures in this area:

p2100034ok1.jpg

p2100029nu1.jpg

1st Fresh water lake:

DSC_0097.JPG

p2100146hz7.jpg

p2100167hl9.jpg

p2100168ea9.jpg

2nd Fresh water lake (you have to go under this rock formation from the seaside to go to the lake side):

P2100176.JPG

p2100117uu7.jpg

p2100137wi9.jpg

On the way back:

dsc0244ac1.jpg

And some more:

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Absolutely fantastic photos, amigo :good: As before, utterly kills that myth about not getting reps wet ;) I bet after six weeks of wear, the watch has now aquired 'beater' status and doesn't come off :tu:

Thanks for sharing the adventure :good:

Thanks Dude! I have to give it a mini vacation....hehehe!

HikeUSA,

if you dont mind me asking,

Does it cost a lot to go there for vacation? That place is absolutely stunning and I'd love to go there when I have a chance

How does it compare to other beaches in asia? do you know?

Hi Arrow!

Depends where your coming from, but the major expense portion of the trip is the airfare.......from US Midwest, about $1200-$1600! Cheaper from the west coast!

In the Philippines, Flts from Island to Island is about $50 round trip! Most Islands I've been to are just an hour boat (outriggers)ride away. They cost about $25/person for

a whole day of service. Most of the cost is for diving....about $10/dive....cheaper if you buy like a 10 dive package which is about $75! The cost of lodging depends on

how comfy you wanna be......if your the backpacker type, $15-$20! $50 will get a nice room with private bath, AC and sometimes free breakfast....depends on where you

are and how much gaijin (tourist) flock in the area! Entertainment is cheap, and sometimes free if you get lucky (if you know what mean!), enough said!

For 5 weeks in the Phillipines, I only spent around $6000 including my airfare (upgraded to busines with United Mileage Plus - you have to fly business for these long haul flights!).

Hope that helps! PM me if you need more details~!

O, I forgot about the beach.........truly grea and awesomet! Clean and most of them are secluded accessible only by boat!

These pics are soooo beautiful, love them.

And thank you for convincing me to let my babies into the water :D

Theo

Thanks & your welcome! jsut make sure you water seal them!

lovely pictures

Thanks!

AWESOME ... Thanks for sharing!

Out of curiosity...what kind of camera did you use?

Hi DuDro!

Thanks! for underwater, I used the Olympus Stylus 1030SW! And the rest, Nikon DSLR D90.....best there is in this price range ($900-1200!) IMHO~!

Absolutely fantastic photos, amigo :good: As before, utterly kills that myth about not getting reps wet ;) I bet after six weeks of wear, the watch has now aquired 'beater' status and doesn't come off :tu:

Thanks for sharing the adventure :good:

I agree! I am kinda obsessed with water restistance of the "water watches" ... i mean the watches that are manufactured by brands specialized in underwater acitivities as Panerai or Rlx. ..

I have dived twice with my DSN PAM @ 20 meter deep during summer and the watch is still my daily wearer not loosing a second!